Alarm.com error

Hi,
I can’t manage to make this work. I have set everything as per instructions, but in the log I see:
Can not load login page from Alarm.com

So, the alarm panel shows unknown state.
Any ideas?
Tks in advance

Did you get this resolved? What’s the error?

No, still the same. Status unknown since it gives the same error.

I just got this working. I created a separate account in Alarm.com with panel access and added the following to my configuration.yaml file.

alarm_control_panel:
   platform: alarmdotcom
   username: <alarm.com user ID> 
   password: <the password you created>

Reference: https://www.home-assistant.io/components/alarmdotcom/

Ok, I’ll try that and let you know. Tks!!

Well I did as you said, but still the same error:
New user, panel access, but still the same. It is weird, I integrated alarm.com with Smartthings and it works perfect, I don’t understand the issue here.
Tks for your idea.

Did you try logging into Alarm.com website with the user name you created to see if that works?

Yes, everything works at the webpage.

That’s weird. I’m fairly new to HA so this issue is beyond my current knowledge. Hopefully someone in the forum will chime in. Sorry.

I have the exact same problem as Tere_Ruiz. The username and password work to login to site on browser. My error message is a bit different (‘index out of range’ from python). I hope some talented HA person can help. I would like to do automations on both the alarm states and the alarm sensors. I wonder if this system has encoded the messaging too well to achieve that.

I will be searching for solutions as the system becomes more popular, Doug

Good to know I’m not alone! I’ll be posting any solution I may find here.

Do you have Two Factor Authentication set up on Alarm.com for the user id you are using? If so, it will not work. You will need to disable Two Factor Authentication for your existing user, or set up a new user id without it. Go to Settings => Login Information => Two Factor Authentication and disable it.

Regards,

Rich

Tks for your answer, but no, I don’t have 2-factor set. I even created a separate user for home assistant use, in order to avoid any conflicts, and gave it admin permission, but nothing…

Same here. Never set 2-factor. Is there anyone developing a better interface between HA and ADT command/control system? They may have much better encryption on this then they had on Pulse. I was able to see all the sensors individually on Pulse. My logon credentials that work during a web login are still rejected by entry from HA. Not happy!

Hi, did you manage to get this working? I haven’t…still same error.
Tks

No. I had a bad touch screen/control unit from day one. They finally changed it out and my ADT command/control system works for the first time after 5 months from installation. After 5 months of techs trying to fix my system, I got friendly and they indicated the units communicate with something like z-wave plus with a security code we do not know. I hope someday, someone much smarter than me can hack this system. I will be lurking around looking for that. I have two partitions in my system and that is not well handled in command/control.

I am getting this error in my logs too. Would like to know a solution.

I hade that very same error. HA would not resolve the current state of the alarm panel.

Turns out: I had to set the preferred language to English in the Alarm.com settings. (Settings>Login Information>Language Preference>English)

I restarted HASS, and there it is! It works now.

I assume the alarm.com API returns a message in the preferred language, and that the alarmdotcom integration was looking for an english message (like alarmdotcom.state"armed_stay" instead of “arme_present” (in french)).

Hope this can help one of you

It worked!!! Tks so much for the solution!!!

Nice. Glad I could help.

The fact that your alarm.com account has to be in English should probably be mentioned in the readme of the integration.