Alexa + Google Home Assistant Skill "slow" / timing out

Thanks @pergola.fabio I am aware of that one, I decided to avoid the challenges of managing all that myself by using Nabu Casa but the family’s acceptance of it ‘not working all the time’ is wearing thin so I am reconsidering my approach.

Do I need to disable the nabu casa cloud google 1st? Will I have to redo all routines in google app? Could you post some rough steps you took to make it work locally?

?? All Steps are on that link, 2 posts above …

I used the nabucasa link for the auth, so no port forwarding is needed…

Thank you for this. Not only does it validate what I thought the issue was, but hopefully it will be fixed soon.

I also might look into setting up my own Alexa integration, but I’ve been trying to avoid this.

This has been getting worse and worse and it has been long enough to fix. Alexa now tells me dozens of times a day “…not responding”. It really is to the point of intolerable and I’ve moved getting off of Nabu Casa high on my list. Even HA itself is having Cloud timeout issues.

1 Like

Here’s the response I got when I contacted Nabu Casa support a couple days ago. (Completely separate from seeing this thread)

"
Yes, this is a known issue and it is being worked on.

We are re-writing the relayer which handles the communication between your instance and Amazon/Google and this is expected to be a large improvement over the current implementation. There should be much less latency and CPU usage on the backend and should be up between now February.

After that is tested and deployed, we will then be adding region specific relayer instances which should further improve the situation.

We have simply gotten to a point where we have many more users than when the service began and the same old resources and we need to make changes.

Thanks for your patience!
"

2 Likes

Ok so the new relayer has been deployed! This happened within the last hour as I write this.

This deployment didn’t take long at all and you should not have to restart HA or sign out/in to cloud on your server, but you can if you want to.

Most likely your HA server has connected to it already.

Try out your Google and/or Alexa voice assistants, apps, and see how it goes. Working well here.

6 Likes

Great job, thnx for the feedback!!

1 Like