As DuckDNS is a bit shaky recently, I created an alternative add-on using the Dynu DNS provider, which ranks as amongst the best free dynamic DNS providers around as far as I could see.
It has a bit more variety as far as the root domains available, which is nice.
The addon is at 99% a copy of the duckdns addon.
I don’t use the add-on myself. My “main” HA is not even on HassOS, tbh.
This is a “gift” to the community, and an exercise for myself.
Dynu DNS is a free service that points a DNS to an IP of your choice. This add-on includes support for Let’s Encrypt and automatically creates and renews your certificates. You need to sign up for a Dynu DNS account before using this add-on.
- Navigate in your Home Assistant frontend to Supervisor → Add-on Store.
- Click 3-dots menu at upper right > Repositories and add this repository URL: https://github.com/koying/ha-addons
- Scroll down the page to find the new repository “Add-ons from Koying”, and click one of the new add-ons.
- Click Install and give it a few minutes to finish downloading.
- Configure at Configuration tab or separate file in Configuration folder according to the instructions of the add-on.
- Click Start, give it a few dozen seconds to spin up.
Open a ticket at the github repository