Alexa Media Player Integration get a 404 error

Hello all,

I am trying to set up the Alexa Media Player integration from HACS. The installation via HACS ran without any problems. Then when I want to add the integration, I enter my Amazon credentials and click submit.

A 404 error page then opens (https://homeassistant.mydomain.de/auth/alexamedia/proxy?config_flow_id=xxxxxxx) and I cannot complete the setup. HomeAssistant is running on my Synology DS920+ as a virtual machine. I have no problems with any other addons or integrations.

HA Core: 2023.6.1
AMP: 4.6.4

On my test system it works without any problems. So I can exclude my network incl. DNS as source of error. However, my TestAssistant runs on a rpi4b.

Can anyone of you have an idea what the problem could be???

Thanks in advance for your help

Krgds n37w0rk

2 Likes

Hi all. I have the same issue and no idea how to fix. I’ve tried with us and oz accounts. I use a Pi but that should not be an issue

posted this on the facebook page-

Hi all, I’m trying to get Alexa media player working so I can see my echo devices in HA. I do everything as instructed (OTP, key etc) but then once I get to /auth/alexamedia/proxyverify I get a 404 error. Any idea what I’m doing wrong?

Hi all,
did you find a solution for this topic? I have the same issue, HA runs on a Synology DS220+, my cloudflare tunnel also works but the Alexa media player integration alsways ends with the 404 failure…

Thank you for your reply!

Have the same problem, till now now solution ;(

Same issue here as at today, I did do a few HACS addons upgrades last night but none alexa related

Same issue here - 404 error after stepping through dailogs.

HA VM in Synology DS720+ Same issue here - 404 error after stepping through dailogs.

I have the same problem when I go to verify the account I get error 404: Not Found
Can you help me?

Text

My setup just prompted with a reconfiguration error for Alexa Media Player, which has been working fine for years.

When attempting to complete the reauthentication, I get a 404 error for the URL it opens on the browser

https://nabucasaa_address.ui.nabu.casa/auth/alexamedia/proxyverify

I have the exact same issue, wanted to add the Alexa Media Player in my Home Assistant, and felt on the 404 not found page.
Since this post is now months old, should I understand the feature is broken and will not be repaired? I can’t imagine letting people with no solution for months …

Okay, found the solution on reddit where I found a link to a video from Mark Watt Tech, you should enable 2FA authentication on your Amazon account, then it works. At least it worked for me !

1 Like

Can confirm that I was having the 404 error, enabled 2FA in my amazon.co.uk account and the configuration was successful.

To enable Two-Step Verification:

1. In Your Account, select Login & security.
  2. Select Edit next to Two-Step Verification (2SV) Settings.
  3. Select Get Started.
  4. Follow the on-screen instructions.

Still 404 even though I’ve always activated 2SV.

same here, any solution guys?

No im having same issues, ive been using the Alexa media player for well over a year but the last 2 months i cannot reconnect? i just keep getting 404: Not Found when trying? anyone else having frustrating issues. Does not help that the Alexa integration in home assistant is not easy to understand.

same issue here. Fresh installation.

Just to add I’ve also hit a similar problem. Running HA in Docker, 2FV is enabled. After entering the 2FV code and continuing, it opens a webpage at https:///auth/alexamedia/proxy/errors/validateCaptcha which gives a 404 not found.