Alexa Media Player Integration

I think they were trying to trigger an Alexa routine not send a notification.

yes I think so, but the issue is probably in the syntax.
I run the second of my examles in a service call under the developers tools and calling the service is working as expected.

yes I think so, but the issue is probably in the syntax.
I run the second of my examles in a service call under the developers tools and calling the service is working as expected.
hops… understood now!
never tried…sorry

hello everyone, thanks to your syntax I solved it after only two hours of crisis, I would be curious to understand why by following the guide and using the call service provided, the notification to alexa did not arrive. Sorry my english

Hi everyone i try sience 2 days to get tts working but i dont know what the problem is.
i even cant control volume from dashboard and mostly of the time its grayed out or offline!
i use Home Assistant 2022.3.8 on rpi3

alexa_media_player.offline|638x260

alexa_media_player|690x343

However when i call alexa_media_player in node red there is no error but also nothing happens

Ok after reinstall with older version its working now

I’m on HAC 2022.5.4 / Supervisor 2022.05.2 / OS 8.0 and AMP v3.11.3

The integration is fine - I’m all connected and can send commands to the Alexa devices.

How do you get an update of any Alexa device’s state? I see that state data is updated when the HA Supervisor starts/restarts – but then never again.

I’ve tried reloading the configuration, checking for updates after a call to one of the services, etc. - never updates.

Is there a “refresh” configuration or service call I need to make?

I have just installed the integration. It seems to me that everything has been setup correctly including the region zone of amazon. (i have selected amazon.it) for Italy.

However the integration does not say a single word. But from the miniplayer I am able to change the volume of my devices. When I trigger actions I do not see any error on the log but yet no Italian word is spoken.

I am on the latest version of Home Assistant.

What am I missing ?

Thanks for your help

Vincenzo

ok so sorry if I missed it (this is a long thread to scroll through) I’m having the same issue described here: Can't get through initial configuration. · Discussion #1687 · custom-components/alexa_media_player · GitHub
I use external access for all sorts of stuff through my pfsence router with haproxy running to redirect, only thing I can think of is that the proxy adds a port back to my address (ie. when you put in www.myaddress.com my proxy routs to port 8123 so maybe that is blocking the auth from getting through

Can someone ELI5 for me on how to get the skill IDs - the instructions:

You can find skill ID's by inspecting the JSON when navigating to https://alexa.amazon.com and clicking on skills.

seem to imply you can click on a tab called skills? or that skills are clickable? neither of which seems true anymore?

Home · custom-components/alexa_media_player Wiki (github.com)

Hi everyone,

Can anyone suggest me how I can parse / capture results/response from Alexa custom query.

For Eg.
Hey Alexa ~ What is the house temperature?

Alexa responds ~ It is currently set to 68 F

How can I get this response value and feed it into the HA dashboard element text value.

I have Aprilaire Thermostat 8940W which doesn’t support Local Automation but works with Google & Alexa.

You can’t

Thanks for responding.

I’m also looking into Google Actions SDK that would periodically get my home thermostat value & make a http post request somewhere and home assistant could just read that value.

My hate for the Aprilaire 8940W thermostat is increasing day by day.

You could achieve what you want with the Google Assistant SDK integration together with the GitHub - tronikos/google_assistant_sdk_custom: Patches Google Assistant SDK integration to allow getting responses from commands to Google Assistant. integration. See the documentation for some examples.

1 Like

Thanks for the link.
I’ll check it this weekend. This could be helpful if I can read the status / response of Google home assistant queries.
Thank you.

For a few months now, the entities update only on HA restart or if I reload the integration. I tried to uninstall the and reinstall the integration, I deleted the pickle file, I even deleted the alexa and alexa_auth files in config/.storage even if I don’t know if they are related to Alexa Media Player. Nothing worked

Same for me for some weeks. The Alexa media players unfortunately became unusable.
There is long discussions on github, many have the same issues:

Reloading the integration shortly makes it working again, but it is not updated over a mentionable period.
Unfortunately I do not see any resolution in sight :slightly_frowning_face:

Im having the same issue, it seems a lot of people are.

It appears in one of those threads the dev says its not supported anymore. So I expect Alexa media player to die sadly :frowning:

So now this integration is dead. Does anyone have a good way to know to get if a media player is playing on a particular Alexa endpoint in node red?

I’m using Spotify and then a switch node to confirm the source. It works, but its cumbersome.

Does anyone have anything better?

What are you talking about? It’s still being maintained by the maintainer. There were updates 3 days ago.