Alexa Media Player Integration

Media players are no longer being updated and it probably wont be fixed.

Read it yourself and come to your own conclusions :slight_smile:

Yeah, that doesn’t mean it’s been abandoned. So please don’t spread that miss information.

:open_mouth: Huh? I said it was dead, not abandoned? Did you not read the same thing I read?

A quote from one of the devs

“Given the trends, I’m expecting for Amazon to shut down the ecosystem soon. So not in my roadmap but I will take PRs of people figure it out without just spiking the polling. That’s why it’s tagged as help wanted.”

Im sure miss information is a nice girl but I dont know her :wink:

Alexa Media Player has been in this state for 5+ years. This is nothing new. The API has always been reverse engineered and has always had the chance for it to be killed at any moment by Amazon. Nothing has changed.

2 Likes

Is there any information on how to use the tts.cloud_say support that is listed in the newer versions?

Hi all,

Im trying to add another account into Alexa media player. Is this posable?

When I try I get the dredded

500 Internal Server Error

Server got itself in trouble

Any info would be great :slight_smile:

Just updated Alexa Media Player addon to version 4.9.0

It says added suport for Amazon Smart Plug.

How do I use this?

Kindly guide.

Mee too. Updated to 4.9.0 and HA 2024.1.
I have an Amazon Smart Plug configured with 2 Echo. The 2 Echo works well with the integration as media players but Amazon Smart Plug entity doesn’t appear.
I tried to make a reconfiguration and checked the box for “Include devices connected via Echo” but nothing happen.
Any advice? Thanks

Please Add Integration for Alexa Alarms REST API to Manage Alarms

I frequently find myself needing to manage my Alexa alarms directly from Home Assistant, but currently, the “alexa_media_player” integration lacks the functionality to interact with Alexa alarms. This means every time I need to set or edit alarms, I have to switch to the Amazon Alexa app, which is inconvenient and disrupts the workflow of managing all smart home components from a single interface.

I would like the “alexa_media_player” integration to include support for managing Alexa alarms via the Alexa Alarms REST API. This integration should allow users to create, update, delete, and query Alexa alarms directly from Home Assistant. This would provide a seamless experience and fully integrate Alexa’s alarm functionality into the Home Assistant ecosystem, enhancing the usability and functionality of both platforms.

As an alternative, I have considered using other automation tools within Home Assistant to trigger events that simulate alarm behaviors, but these do not integrate with the actual Alexa alarms and lack the native functionality and ease of use that direct integration would provide. Additionally, using voice commands through Alexa-enabled devices is another workaround, but it lacks the automation and scheduling capabilities that could be achieved through API integration.

This feature would replicate the functionality available in the Amazon Alexa app, where users can manage their alarms. Including this in the “alexa_media_player” would align with the project’s goal of mirroring the app’s capabilities within Home Assistant. Here is the link to the official Alexa Alarms REST API documentation for reference: Alexa Alarms REST API.

Feature requests for the Alexa Media Player custom integration should be submitted to the integration’s github repo.

https://github.com/alandtse/alexa_media_player