All My Echos Wont Make Announcements Anymore

So every month or so I get a notification that I need to configure Alexa as a media player…ConFigurator

It opens a dialog and I press Confirm…
ConFigurator2
the system buzzes and we’re good to go… But not now…

I have a new entity now Capture3

And all of my Alexa Media players are showing an error in the Entities tab
Capture4

In my Configuration.yamal I have this configured

alexa_media:
  accounts:
    - email: !secret amazon_userid
      password: !secret amazon_password
      url: amazon.com

And all the pwd and emails are active and correct
And Noticications are set up via

notify:
  - platform: alexa_media
    name: alexa_media

I have all my echos in a group… held in a Group.yaml

wenogotta_echos:
  name: House Announcment Echos
  entities:
    - media_player.office_echo
    - media_player.family_room_echo
    - media_player.living_room_echo
    - media_player.kitchen_echo

All this used to work… Unfortunately its been a few months since I played around in HA so I’ve forgotten all I learned! DOH!

I can use the echos to run automation via HA… I believe this is happening FROM the Alexa Routienes Side) so that still works I just cant get the echos to make announcements that come from HA (Routines which announce things in the Alexa App work fine.

I’m pretty sure its got to do with the “Configurator”…

1 Like

I do not know the cause, but in my config I have include_devices: Don’t know if that would help.

alexa_media:
  accounts:
    - email: !secret amazon_user
      password: !secret amazon_password
      url: amazon.com
      include_devices:
       - Ai.1 

Hmmm whats Ai.1 One of YOUR devices?

yes, that is the name of my echo. Has to be exact name used.
To find the name login via this link and look for amazon dot names.
https://alexa.amazon.com/api/devices-v2/device

Oh wait!! Nevermind what I said. I just remember I had that same login as you did yesterday. Sorry.

Yep… that was a mess… just a page of GobbdyGook

Ok… the fix was to delete my old version in my Custom Components folder and replace it with the new…

I had to do it manually because HACS wont start in my environment for some reason…

@BitViper
Have you gotten the notification since? Mine notification to sign into amazon popped up today. I didn’t enter the captcha just yet, but reinstalled alexa_media via HACS as you suggested. Afterwards, I enter the captcha. Let’s see if it will come back.

yeah… turned out I had to re-install the integration…
It has asked to be re-initiated… ie the notification everything seems to be working ok… for now

Same issue: the capture notification appeared, but entering it and submitting didn’t work - it would reappear either immediately or whenever I attempted a new notification.

Thanks to the tips in this post, I just hit “reinstall” in HACS, restarted, entered the capture once and now it’s all good. Strange, as I had the latest version already installed in HACS so nothing really updated.

having the same problem

that did you delete? trying to work this through

Sorry All… Yes I

1. Deleted the integrations folder in the Components folder
  2. Then manually copied the files in…
  3. Bounced the server
  4. Went to the ingratiations page… clicked the “+” on the bottom right
  5. Rolled down to Alexa Media and selected it and followed the directions
  6. Bounced the machine agan … most likely not required…

I’m still getting some flaky behavior… but they all do announce now.

I still cant get the HACS integration to work… which is why I think Im getting the flaky behavior sometimes…

Thanks…can you point to the files you manually copied in please

Got it from here… HACS Site

Hope it helps!

all good now with the new update to Alexa integration

This captcha is really annoying. Is not so much that it pops up every so often. It doesn’t go away when try to verify the captcha even if you have selected the correct pictures. Read in another post that the fix is to enable 2FA in your amazon account which I will do when this happens again.

Besides logging into HA and Amazon… whats the "Second seems to me at that point I’ve already logged in twice LOL