Alexa TTS disappeared?

Finity gave me a succinct installation process that worked right away. But sometime in the past few days, all of my Echo media_player devices disappeared from my entities page.

Any clues what may have happened would be appreciated, or a suggestion of how to fix it?

Steve

if you have the log set to debug in your configuration.yaml, what messages (if any) do you see in the home-assistant.log?

If you don’t have the log set to debug for this component then put the following entry in your config file:

logger:
  logs:
    custom_components.media_player.alexa: debug

Then restart and look in the log for the messages you get.

Mine is working fine and this is something similar to what you should expect to see:

2019-02-13 19:06:26 DEBUG (SyncWorker_19) [custom_components.media_player.alexa] Trying cookie from file /config/alexa_media.pickle
2019-02-13 19:06:26 DEBUG (SyncWorker_19) [custom_components.media_player.alexa] cookie loaded: <RequestsCookieJar[<Cookie at-main=A_Whole_bunch_of_stuff for .amazon.com/>, <Cookie csrf=XXXXXXXXXXXX for .amazon.com/>, <Cookie sess-at-main="YYYYYYYYYYYYZ0TmfSQfx4=" for .amazon.com/>, <Cookie session-id=ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ for .amazon.com/>, <Cookie session-id-time=AAAAAAAAAl for .amazon.com/>, <Cookie session-token="A_wHolE_buncH_of_oTher_stuFF" for .amazon.com/>, <Cookie ubid-main=BBBBBBBBBBBBB for .amazon.com/>, <Cookie x-main="CCCCCCCCCCCCC" for .amazon.com/>]>
2019-02-13 19:06:27 DEBUG (SyncWorker_19) [custom_components.media_player.alexa] Logged in.
2019-02-13 19:06:27 DEBUG (SyncWorker_19) [custom_components.media_player.alexa] Using cookies to log in
2019-02-13 19:06:27 DEBUG (SyncWorker_19) [custom_components.media_player.alexa] Log in successful with cookies
2019-02-13 19:06:27 DEBUG (SyncWorker_19) [custom_components.media_player.alexa] Setting up Alexa devices

Thanks for the reply. And kicking my butt to look at the log files.
I did find this:

urllib3.exceptions.MaxRetryError: HTTPSConnectionPool(host=‘alexa.https’, port=443): Max retries exceeded with url: //alexa.amazon.com/api/devices-v2/device (Caused by NewConnectionError(‘<urllib3.connection.VerifiedHTTPSConnection object at 0x6f9b8470>: Failed to establish a new connection: [Errno -2] Name does not resolve’,))

In my configuration.yaml, I have this:

media_player:
  - platform: alexa
    email: !secret amazon_email
    password: !secret amazon_pass
    url: https://alexa.amazon.com

So, I am suspecting that my URL is wrong.
(It did work for a few weeks)

I changed it to

- platform: alexa
    email: !secret amazon_email
    password: !secret amazon_pass
    url: amazon.com

And WooHoo- it works again.

So, as my avatar says (frequently), “Doh!”

strange that it worked for a while because mine is like your second url you changed it to.

Glad it’s working tho.

But what did you mean you were getting your butt kicked looking at the logs?

Is there something you don’t understand I can help you with there or are you good now?

It took your asking me what the logs showed. Then, duh, I found my answer.

So, thanks.

Hmmm - I wonder if that’s because there’s an issue at the moment? Not sure?

I dont think they are related. He just needed to give it the correct url. That doesn’t explain why it worked before and not now tho.

Ah, now i see what you meant after re-reading your comment.

You’re welcome!:slightly_smiling_face: