Alexbelgium repo : 90+ addons

It’s automatic i think based on the time i was using it

You can use it as a server. Limitations is mostly not being able to do things that require acquire to the host system. And for all commands line actions you should use portainer to access the container

Hi!

Would it be possible to add a MiniDLNA server add-on to your repository? MiniDLNA is a simple but effective software for sharing media with other devices in my home, and is a more lightweight option compared to solutions like Plex or Jellyfin.

Thanks,

im the same here!

same issue here too.

Hi, I have started a wiki to describe local disk mounting. It’s a collaborative one so people can also improve the text for clarity! Add ons feature : mounting drives · alexbelgium/hassio-addons Wiki · GitHub at the same place there is also a wiki on puid pgid

1 Like

Hi @alexbelgium , thank you for your quick respons! I have one question regarding PLEX add-on. I currently have the add-on installed on an Intel NUC (with J5040) with Home Assistant OS installed directly and it works great with clients that can decode the streams with Direct Play natively. However, I am thinking of upgrading my NUC to a 12 or 13 Pro with i3 that also has Quicksync. According to others, that feature enables transcoding 4k streams without any issues.

My question is: will the add-on running on Home Assistant OS use the full potential and all of the features of the Intel NUC? Does it recognize it and utilize Quicksync? If it doesn’t properly utilize all its features, then upgrading makes no difference.

Maybe I’m overthinking it and Plex supports any hardware automatically, but seeing as how I’m thinking of a €370 upgrade for this specific feature, I’d rather be safe than sorry :wink:

Hope to hear from you soon, thanks again for all your hard work!

P.S. I am aware I could also install Home Assistant as docker and Plex that way, but I like the ease of updates and add-on store with Home Assistant OS direct install.

Hi, sorry I have no idea at all… You can use my custom script feature to install specific drivers at addon boot, but I don’t know if there is limitations linked to HA os that would prevent the feature to be enabled. Perhaps you could ask on the HAos discord?

Hello alexbelgium, Im new to using forums, so please let me know if I put my question in the wrong place, thanks!

But Im having issues similar to what someone else had with qBittorrent a while back (2021?) Where multiple SMB Shares for Tdarr won’t work, only the first one will. I’ve tried flipping the order, and only whatever share is first on the list works, anything after the first comment does not work. Multiple SMB shares, however, work for other plugins in this repo, such as jellyfin, despite using the same SMB Shares, Username, and Password.

It used to work, however I’m not too sure what happened or I’ve accidentally made a dumb mistake.

Logs: (Replaced Anything Personal with XX)

Mounting smb share(s)...
[09:27:43] INFO: ... //192.168.1.XX/Media/Movies successfully mounted to /mnt/Movies with options ,uid=0,gid=0,iocharset=utf8
[09:27:43] FATAL: Error, unable to mount //192.168.1.XX/Media/TV-Shows to /mnt/TV-Shows with username Homeassistant, XXXXXXX. Please check your remote share path, username, password, domain, try putting 0 in UID and GID
[09:27:43] FATAL: Here is some debugging info :
	Sharename       Type      Comment
	---------       ----      -------
	XX             Disk      XX Server
	XX             Disk      XX NAS
	XX             Disk      System Files and Quarantine File Location
	IPC$            IPC       IPC Service (XX-NAS server)
SMB1 disabled -- no workgroup available
/etc/cont-init.d/92-smb_mounts.sh: line 128: ERRORCODE: No such file or directory
[09:27:48] FATAL: Error read : 

I really appreciate your work and the great addons, thanks!

In my experience using JellyFin on an Intel Mini PC, I do believe QuickSync works, although I would recommend you try using something free with Hardware Transcoding like Jellyfin or Tdarr to confirm it works.

I say this because I definitely noticed a big jump in FPS when Transcoding with Quicksync on in Jellyfin (Addon) vs having it off, which tells me it’s using Quicksync, however, I have no true way to tell simply because I have yet to find a way to see Intel GPU usage on HASSOS.

But yes, from what I can tell it does seem to work

1 Like

Hi, New version pushed please let me know

Sounds good, will do. Yeah I revered to a older backup and 2.00.19.1-2 was the last working version (In my list of Backups). Ill try the new one and let you know, thanks!

Edit: Clarification

I got the NUC three days ago (12 Pro i3) and Intel Quicksync seems to work out of the box with Plex, since it has no issues transcoding multiple 4K streams to 1080p. I also noticed this in the logs (which I believe is related to it)

**** permissions for /dev/dri/card0 are good ****
**** permissions for /dev/dri/renderD128 are good ****

Great work @alexbelgium! I switched over Sonarr/Radarr/NZBget from my NAS to this NUC as well, which increased both download and unpack speeds dramatically!

1 Like

Hello, just updated and checked if the issue still persists, unfortunately, the latest version,

2.00.20.1 seems to still show the same problem. Im not sure if this is the version you had just pushed, as it looks like this was released on 08-04-2023, however, this is the latest version available.

Would it be a problem with how the original docker image handles mount points? Since it’s isolated to this Addon?

I had thought it was qbittorrent and reread it now as tdarr having the issue. I’ll push a new version. BTW I rarely look at the forums, usually I provide the support more on my github repo which is easier as it allows to post long logs, refer to issues in pushes,…

For Plex will sonic analysis be added for music and how can I add plugins to the plex plugin folder?

Hello,

For some time already I see that Prowlarr is not being able to update. Checked commits, it seems that armv7 architecture was removed Update build.json · alexbelgium/hassio-addons@d39708e · GitHub

What was the reason?

Ah, that’s actually due to lsio removing armv7 support… Given that most of my add-ons are based on their container I had to do the same… A Farewell To Arm(hf) | LinuxServer.io

Hi, anybody could help me on this cause I’m seek arround google whoever have similar problem about this also cannot fix mine… browser without plugin, clear cache & etc…

I uninstall & reinstall 3 times, result still the same as picture attached… just blackout with 1 tiny round circle with pop out to access virtual keyboard & etc… thanks in advance

Home assistant - Webtop Alpine KDE

No matter which addon I try to install, I get the message that the host has no internet connection. Why is that?