Alexbelgium repo : 90+ addons

I haven’t been paying attention to the omada controller updates so I’m wondering how long after the source repo updates the addon gets updated. The 5.12.x version has been available for a bit in mbentley’s repo. Any idea when the addon will be upgraded from 5.9?

@alexbelgium I see you unpaused the updater.json yesterday. I assume that will do the trick. Thanks!

RE: Firefly

Hi guys, I have had a play with the Firefly addon for a while trying to get it to work. but can never get the dashboard to load. The Logs look perfect. It says it is connected to MariaDB OK. But when i try to open the ui it never loads.

I’m not too savvy with networking, but I think it is Port related, but even trying other ports has no change

ERR_CONNECTION_TIMED_OUT

Any help is appreciated

Looks like the Omada Controller addon isn’t going to update on its own. Can I get some guidance on how to do this manually, even if it means forking the repo and editing the code myself?

Hi, the add-on just updated this morning with the usual Saturday batch. It’s name is not 5.12 but it is linked to the “latest” tag so it should still be it

Yes, I got it. Thanks! I didn’t know that there is a regular Saturday batch. I’ll delay my questions until after Saturday next time lol.

1 Like

Ah ah no worry it was just a coincidence indeed :wink: and my script messes up the versioning did to the way the omada dockerhub is set where all versions coexist. But so whatever they are called, all new versions should get latest unless said explicitely ( such as omada v5.3 add-on) :wink: have a nice day

Does anyone could help me how to setup the addon Tandoor Recipes in order it to work with SSL?
I can reach the addon on http://[mydns].duckdns.org:9928, but cannot connect to https://[mydns].duckdns.org:9928.

Hi all,

Congrats @alexbelgium very nice repo with solid build code. I was curious about the nightly/develop versions from lsio.
I migrated from a rpi4 HAOS + amd64 media server/nas to the amd64 everything server. Your great addons were in the decision.

I’m skilled with docker, dockerfile, and learning github (since years).

On my previous install, I used nightly/develop dockers from lsio, and now I have some issue to migrate to HAOS/your hassio addons, in particular for Radarr (v5 nightly vs v4.75 latest, with database issue). I don’t want to rebuild all my radarr stuff (and loose history and make some of my cross-seeding bash scripts useless)

I’m in the process to either fork your repo, tune it for develop/nightly tags, and:

• make my own develop/nightly repos
  • PR to new branches of your

What would you prefer?

1 Like

Hi, thanks very much! Forking is quite an easy solution, you just need to remove the image tag from config.json (so it stops downloading my images and build yours), convert the ADD chmod from dockerfile to separate commands (it seems it is not supported by the embedded build kit in HA) and update the build.json to the tag you want. In theory everything should work, the most likely breakage being with ingress that is quite flimsy.

Regarding data transfer, I don’t remind per addons settings but usually I try to externalize the data folder to a standard /config/addons_config/addon’sname to allow tinkering. If this is the case, perhaps you could import your previous data by putting it in the folder. I actually fon’t use most of my addons (except perhaps 5) so I don’t have a clear view on each…

The alternative would be for me to update the main repo which of course would make it simpler for you but sometimes users are hesitant to upgrade to nighties… I for once prefer usually beta softwares but I understand that some people prefer safety. So honestly I’m fine with both, as long as the nighties are not TOO MUCH nighties and therefore actually work :wink:

Have fun!

Easiest would be to use an external ssl proxy I think there is one in HA’s main repo addons. For example that’s what I’m using to connect to HA using ssl

Otherwise an user (perhaps you ;)) is working on adding the feature on my repo. Have fun with the addon

Ok, thanks.
I will take a look in adjusting the PR.

Thank you for the tips.

However I’m lucky, LSIO just pushed latest tag to v5 then it’s all working now.
Still sonarr v4 is in develop branch (for years now but very stable). I’m checking to downgrade

1 Like

Is ingress working with radar v5? If yes then i’ll probably switch sonarr to v4 as it is the same base I think

I’m not using ingress. I prefer to have a subdomain serving radarr.mydomain.tld in example (usefull for third party app and apis).
Anyway, lsio pushed v5 and v4 in respective latest branches of radarr and sonarr it seems (as your buid code use latest except for arm).

I can confirm they work well on amd64 using port mapping.
Ingress seems broken, but as I don’t use it I cannot tell if it’s my particular configuration (I have paranoid secured http headers preventing i-frames) or a global issue. Anyway, since databases have been converted to upper major, be very carefull if you wan’t to push a downgrade, I guess it would break lot of installs.

1 Like

Thanks! We’ll then let’s see how radarr v5 and sonarr v4 do - anyway one day I would have had to upgrade to those versions. And if it breaks, it will be the occasion to learn new things :wink: Honestly it’s easier to have the subdomain as you are doing ; ingress is really a pain as it depends on the security features of the upstream app. For example tandorr recipes lost ingress possibility due to an upgrade to its security features, and filebrowser too (I had to revert). Enjoy!

I think there is no topic just for Transmission Openvpn addon, so I am posting here. I am still trying to figure out why my HA crashes when running torrents (Help needed: Running Transmission/qBittorrent add-on crashes the Home Assistant OS almost instantly). I checked the logs of Transmission and see some strange errors there, so I want to share the logs:

• It looks like Transmission starts “update to v3” every time I run it - why?
  • There is a warning that TRANSMISSION_HOME is not set to the default location, but I did not change it. Should I follow the instructions to move it?
  • Two more warnings regarding NordVPN config - NORDVPN_COUNTRY empty and NORDVPN_CATEGORY empty.
Starting...
/etc/cont-init.d/00-banner.sh: executing

-----------------------------------------------------------
 Add-on: Transmission Openvpn
 Docker container running Transmission torrent client with WebUI over an OpenVPN tunnel
 Add-on version: v5.2.0
 You are running the latest version of this add-on.
 System: Home Assistant OS 11.1  (aarch64 / odroid-n2)
 Home Assistant Core: 2023.10.5
 Home Assistant Supervisor: 2023.10.1
 Please, share the above information when looking for help
 or support in, e.g., GitHub, forums
 Provided by: https://github.com/alexbelgium/hassio-addons 
 Defining permissions for main user : 
User UID: 0
User GID : 0
/etc/cont-init.d/00-local_mounts.sh: executing
/etc/cont-init.d/00-smb_mounts.sh: executing
/etc/cont-init.d/01-custom_script.sh: executing
[12:03:05] INFO: Execute /config/addons_autoscripts/transmission-openvpn.sh if existing
[12:03:05] INFO: ... no script found
/etc/cont-init.d/32-nginx_ingress.sh: executing
/etc/cont-init.d/90-dns_set.sh: executing
[12:03:06] INFO: DNS SERVERS set to 1.1.1.1 8.8.8.8 
/etc/cont-init.d/99-run.sh: executing
[12:03:06] INFO: Updating transmission to v3
[12:03:06] WARNING: If your previous version was v2, remove and add torrents again
--2023-10-28 12:03:06--  https://keyserver.ubuntu.com/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0xa37da909ae70535824d82620976b5901365c5ca1
Resolving keyserver.ubuntu.com (keyserver.ubuntu.com)... 185.125.188.26, 185.125.188.27, 2620:2d:4000:1007::70c, ...
Connecting to keyserver.ubuntu.com (keyserver.ubuntu.com)|185.125.188.26|:443... connected.
HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 200 OK
Length: 1804 (1.8K) [text/plain]
Saving to: '976b5901365c5ca1.key'

0K .                                                     100%  666M=0s

2023-10-28 12:03:06 (666 MB/s) - '976b5901365c5ca1.key' saved [1804/1804]

debconf: delaying package configuration, since apt-utils is not installed
[12:03:11] INFO: Exporting variables
DEBUG=false
DNS_server=8.8.8.8,1.1.1.1
LOCAL_NETWORK=192.168.178.0/24
OPENVPN_PASSWORD=xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
OPENVPN_PROVIDER=nordvpn
OPENVPN_USERNAME=xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
PGID=0
PUID=0
TRANSMISSION_DOWNLOAD_DIR=/media/Transmission
TRANSMISSION_HOME=/config/addons_config/transmission
TRANSMISSION_INCOMPLETE_DIR=/media/Transmission/incomplete
TRANSMISSION_V3_UPDATE=true
TRANSMISSION_WATCH_DIR=/media/Transmission/watch_dir
TRANSMISSION_WEB_UI=flood-for-transmission

Updating variables
Using PUID 0 and PGID 0
[12:03:15] INFO: Custom openvpn provider not selected, the provider nordvpn will be used
[12:03:16] INFO: Running userscript

-------------------------------------
Transmission will run as
User name:   root
User uid:    0
User gid:    0

[12:03:16] INFO: Starting app

Starting container with revision: 48299204d160d2d699ce6dd5ccdfcba0ecf13c83
TRANSMISSION_HOME is currently set to: /config/addons_config/transmission
WARNING: TRANSMISSION_HOME is not set to the default /config/addons_config/transmission_openvpn/transmission-home, this is not recommended.
TRANSMISSION_HOME should be set to /config/addons_config/transmission_openvpn/transmission-home OR another custom directory on /config/addons_config/transmission_openvpn/<directory>
If you would like to migrate your existing TRANSMISSION_HOME, please stop the container, add volume /config/addons_config/transmission_openvpn and move the transmission-home directory there.
Using OpenVPN provider: NORDVPN
Running with VPN_CONFIG_SOURCE auto
Provider NORDVPN has a bundled setup script. Defaulting to internal config
Executing setup script for nordvpn
/etc/openvpn/nordvpn/..
INFO: OVPN: Checking curl installation
INFO: OVPN: DNS resolution ok
INFO: OVPN: ok, configurations download site reachable
INFO: OVPN: Removing existing configs in /etc/openvpn/nordvpn
Checking NORDPVN API responses
INFO: OVPN:Selecting the best server...
WARNING: OVPN: empty or invalid NORDVPN_COUNTRY (value=). Ignoring this parameter. Possible values are:AL,AR,AU,AT,BE,BA,BR,BG,CA,CL,CO,CR,HR,CY,CZ,DK,EE,FI,FR,GE,DE,GR,HK,HU,IS,ID,IE,IL,IT,JP,LV,LT,LU,MY,MX,MD,NL,NZ,MK,NO,PL,PT,RO,RS,SG,SK,SI,ZA,KR,ES,SE,CH,TW,TH,TR,UA,AE,GB,US,VN, or Albania,Argentina,Australia,Austria,Belgium,Bosnia and Herzegovina,Brazil,Bulgaria,Canada,Chile,Colombia,Costa Rica,Croatia,Cyprus,Czech Republic,Denmark,Estonia,Finland,France,Georgia,Germany,Greece,Hong Kong,Hungary,Iceland,Indonesia,Ireland,Israel,Italy,Japan,Latvia,Lithuania,Luxembourg,Malaysia,Mexico,Moldova,Netherlands,New Zealand,North Macedonia,Norway,Poland,Portugal,Romania,Serbia,Singapore,Slovakia,Slovenia,South Africa,South Korea,Spain,Sweden,Switzerland,Taiwan,Thailand,Turkey,Ukraine,United Arab Emirates,United Kingdom,United States,Vietnam,. Please check https://haugene.github.io/docker-transmission-openvpn/provider-specific/#nordvpn
WARNING: OVPN: empty or invalid NORDVPN_CATEGORY (value=). ignoring this parameter. Possible values are: legacy_double_vpn,legacy_onion_over_vpn,legacy_ultra_fast_tv,legacy_anti_ddos,legacy_dedicated_ip,legacy_standard,legacy_netflix_usa,legacy_p2p,legacy_obfuscated_servers,europe,the_americas,asia_pacific,africa_the_middle_east_and_india,anycast-dns,geo_dns,grafana,kapacitor,legacy_socks5_proxy,fastnetmon,. Please check https://haugene.github.io/docker-transmission-openvpn/provider-specific/#nordvpn
INFO: OVPN:Searching for technology: openvpn_tcp

NZBHydra2 is a brilliant search programme for looking for nzb’s and torrants, any chance you could make an addon for Home Assistant with it?

Hi folks! Im having some issues with the latest updates for Sonarr, Radarr and qbittorrent. I get the below message on the CLI, have no idea how to fix it. If i revert back to previous addon version this goes away… Can anyone help me out here? Appreciated.

No one experiencing this on the last updates?

Hi, for V3 update it is a residual code that has no impact. I’ll remove it soon. For nordvpn i see there needs to be additional env variable such as NORDVPN_COUNTRY. You can add them in the /config/addons_config/transmission/config.yaml file by following this guide : Add‐ons feature : add env variables · alexbelgium/hassio-addons Wiki · GitHub