Alexbelgium repo : 90+ addons

Hi, i’ll look at it thanks

Hi, by default it is sqlite. You can use MariaDB connection by forcing the parameters in the “CUSTOM_OPTIONS” addon option, from this list : Config Options - PhotoPrism ; see the different PHOTOPRISM_DATABASE_DRIVER* variables.

If this is too confusing perhaps I’ll introduce a config.yaml as I did with some other addons, to add environmental variables through a manually editable config.yaml file stored in /config…

For remanence, I’ve tried to change the default language & theme and restart, and it kept my settings… So it seems to work?

Hi, how to set multiple options for database in CUSTOM_OPTIONS?

Hi, I realized the CUSTOM_OPTIONS was too complicated to use. I have removed it an instead implemented my config.yaml automatic system. A new version is pushed. When you’ll upgrade and run it for the first time, it will create a file in /config/addons_config/photoprism/config.yaml

In this file, you can set the variables that you want and it will pass them to the app. The full list is photoprism/docker-compose.yml at 1a7470f45015ad105252d63bf0e66bb6429dde15 · photoprism/photoprism · GitHub

For example, if in the config.yaml you had:

PHOTOPRISM_SITE_TITLE: "PhotoPrism"

and reboot, it will change the title of the page.

To enable MariaDB addon, you just click on the addon in the addon options and it should enable it.

I’ve described it all in the readme of the addon, let me know if it works! Thanks!

Hi, thanks for the quick response. I updated the add-on, added to config.yaml -
PHOTOPRISM_DATABASE_DRIVER: “mysql”
PHOTOPRISM_DATABASE_SERVER: “core-mariadb:3306”
PHOTOPRISM_DATABASE_NAME: “photoprism”
PHOTOPRISM_DATABASE_USER: “photoprism”
PHOTOPRISM_DATABASE_PASSWORD: “XXX”.
But after restarting the add-on, the database in MariaDB is not created or connected. MariaDB works for me for HA and NextCloud.

Starting...
/etc/cont-init.d/00-aaa_dockerfile_backup.sh: executing
/etc/cont-init.d/00-banner.sh: executing
hello
-----------------------------------------------------------
 Add-on: Photoprism
 A server-based application for browsing, organizing and sharing your personal photo collection
 Add-on version: 20220121-2
 You are running the latest version of this add-on.
 System: Home Assistant OS 7.2  (amd64 / qemux86-64)
 Home Assistant Core: 2021.12.10
 Home Assistant Supervisor: 2021.12.2
 Please, share the above information when looking for help
 or support in, e.g., GitHub, forums
 https://github.com/alexbelgium/hassio-addons
/etc/cont-init.d/90-config_yaml.sh: executing
Using config file found in /config/addons_config/photoprism/config.yaml
Config file is a valid yaml
[08:12:26] INFO: Starting the app with the variables in in /config/addons_config/photoprism/config.yaml
/./etc/cont-init.d/90-config_yaml.sh: line 56: -e: command not found
/etc/cont-init.d/90-config_yaml.sh: exiting 127
/etc/cont-init.d/92-local_mounts.sh: executing
/etc/cont-init.d/92-smb_mounts.sh: executing
Mounting smb share(s)...
[08:12:26] INFO: ... //192.168.1.1/photoprism successfully mounted to /mnt/photoprism with options 
/etc/cont-init.d/99-run.sh: executing
[08:12:26] INFO: Defining database
[08:12:26] INFO: Using MariaDB addon. Requirements : running MariaDB addon. Discovering values...
[08:12:26] FATAL: Local database access should be provided by the MariaDB addon
[08:12:26] FATAL: Please ensure it is installed and started
/etc/cont-init.d/99-run.sh: exiting 1
1 Like

Thanks I’ve pushed a new version that hopefully solves that. Btw for mariadb I forgot to say that I implemented an automatic parameters filling so actually you don’t need anymore to manually fill those, they will be autodiscovered and the values will appear in blue in your addon log

Hi,I updated the add-on, but everything is the same, the database is not created, photoprism is not accessible

tStarting...
/etc/cont-init.d/00-aaa_dockerfile_backup.sh: executing
/etc/cont-init.d/00-banner.sh: executing
hello
 Add-on: Photoprism
 A server-based application for browsing, organizing and sharing your personal photo collection
 Add-on version: 20220121-11
 You are running the latest version of this add-on.
 System: Home Assistant OS 7.2  (amd64 / qemux86-64)
 Home Assistant Core: 2021.12.10
 Home Assistant Supervisor: 2021.12.2
 Please, share the above information when looking for help
 or support in, e.g., GitHub, forums
 https://github.com/alexbelgium/hassio-addons
/etc/cont-init.d/90-config_yaml.sh: executing
Using config file found in /config/addons_config/photoprism/config.yaml
Config file is a valid yaml
[13:36:16] INFO: Starting the app with the variables in in /config/addons_config/photoprism/config.yaml
/etc/cont-init.d/92-local_mounts.sh: executing
/etc/cont-init.d/92-smb_mounts.sh: executing
Mounting smb share(s)...
[13:36:16] INFO: ... //192.168.1.1/photoprism successfully mounted to /mnt/photoprism with options 
/etc/cont-init.d/99-run.sh: executing
[13:36:16] INFO: Defining database
[13:36:16] INFO: Using MariaDB addon. Requirements : running MariaDB addon. Discovering values...
PHOTOPRISM_DATABASE_DRIVER=mysql
PHOTOPRISM_DATABASE_SERVER=core-mariadb:3306
PHOTOPRISM_DATABASE_NAME=photoprism
PHOTOPRISM_DATABASE_USER=service
PHOTOPRISM_DATABASE_PASSWORD=xxx
[13:36:19] WARNING: Webtrees is using the Maria DB addon
[13:36:19] WARNING: Please ensure this is included in your backups
[13:36:19] WARNING: Uninstalling the MariaDB addon will remove any data
ERROR 2005 (HY000): Unknown MySQL server host 'core-mariadb:3306' (-2)
[13:36:19] INFO: Path /mnt/photoprism/storage doesn't exist. Creating it now...
[13:36:19] INFO: Path /mnt/photoprism/originals doesn't exist. Creating it now...
[13:36:19] INFO: Path /mnt/photoprism/import doesn't exist. Creating it now...
[13:36:19] INFO: Path /mnt/photoprism/backup doesn't exist. Creating it now...
[13:36:19] INFO: Please wait 1 or 2 minutes to allow the server to load
[13:36:19] INFO: Default username : admin, default password: "please_change_password"
started as root
running as root
photoprism start ""
time="2022-01-27T13:36:26+07:00" level=info msg="Help us make a difference and become a sponsor today!"
time="2022-01-27T13:36:26+07:00" level=info msg="Visit https://docs.photoprism.app/funding/ to learn more."
time="2022-01-27T13:36:26+07:00" level=info msg="config: case-insensitive file system detected"ype or paste code here
1 Like

Hi, it’s an intermediate code sorry I’ll push v12 I’ve tested this one to work

Everything worked, Thanks!!!

1 Like

Glad it worked! Thanks for the feedback. Usually it seems that for different addons, sqlite automatically creates the database but not mariadb…

@alexbelgium Is this normal? Shouldn’t I do some maintenance and clear the old images with
docker rmi <image name> command?

Hi, alas, that’s normal and a bug due to how HA works. The best way to fix it in a single way is to run the command : ha su repair. I actually have an automation that runs it every week. An alternative, a bit more aggressive, is docker image prune -a that removes all non-running containers.

Once the HA team will have solved this bug I will be be able to use automatic builds and this will prevent the issue once and for all!

Hi,

Is it possible to add this to the docker (Firefly importer)

-v /home/user/configurations:/configurations
-e JSON_CONFIGURATION_DIR=/configurations

The configurations folder can maybe linked from /share/ folder of HA and create a fireflyimport by default. Then you can add stored configurations into it… So you get a pulldown menu when you open the application.

Source: Pre-made configuration - Firefly III documentation

Hi, you can simply add JSON_CONFIGURATION_DIR: /config/addons_config/fireflyiii/configurations to the config.yaml and it will export this and do exactly what you intend! You’ll need to create the folder /config/addons_config/fireflyiii/configurations

Volumes custom mapping are not supported in my understanding with HA addons.

Sounds great. I will wait for a new update :slight_smile: haha then I going to test this :slight_smile:

It must into the fireflyiii_data_importer add-on folder. Not the fireflyiii add-on.

1 Like

Ah yes you’re right the config.yaml system is not yet in the importer, I’ll add it tomorrow

1 Like

Ok the version with config.yaml is pushed! The readme is updated on how to use it. I’ll try it but let me know if everything goes fine

1 Like

I go update this as well and see if everything is working :slight_smile:

Off-topic: louislam/uptime-kuma, a very nice uptime robot alternative !! I installed it on my NAS and work great!!! Inside the app can create lots of notification platforms to inform if a host is down. I use web hook to HA now. You can add MQTT but the pip install is not installed in the docker to add this MQTT plugin.

1 Like

The location you added is ok ( I guess) but it must be a location without file. Its just a location. Inside this location you add your own saved importer json files for each bank you use.

-e JSON_CONFIGURATION_DIR=/configurations

In this location ( mounted from /config/addons_config/fireflyiii_data_importer/m) is location where firefly importer looks into for the bank json files.

well actually if you create manually the folder /config/addons_config/fireflyiii-data-importer/configurations and put JSON_CONFIGURATION_DIR: /config/addons_config/fireflyiii/configurations in your config.yaml it should work fine ?