Allow choosing multiple HA instances

Exactly.
The app has sensors that updates in HA.
If you only want to send the sensor data to one at the time then yes it’s a simple fix (perhaps).
But there is also the notifications, what if HA1 detects smoke when you are connected to HA2?
I believe you want the notification.

4 Likes

+1 for the ability to have multiple instances managed by the app.

1 Like

I’d like to see that “multiple homes” feature too.
How about allowing to have multiple separate HA Apps installed and running on a mobile device?
The only caveat I could see is more battery drain caused by the HA apps.

1 Like
  • 1 for this feature.
    If too complicated, how about just memorising different address with login id and pw, then, upon choosing an address in a dropdown list, automating the manual process of disconnecting from current connected address and reconnecting to choosen one ?
3 Likes

My experience has shown me that you can receive a notification from HA1 while logged into HA2 with the companion app. I was pleasantly surprised! My workaround to the above problem was simply to include the url for each instance IN THE NOTIFICATION MESSAGE. Then, instead of tapping on the alert on your phone, press and HOLD to expand it then tap on the url. This will open that HA’s instance in your web browser instead of the app. Your phone can memorise the username and password so there is nothing more to do except possibly take off your mask. For most everyday things - if not all - the web interface is just as good. In fact, I can’t see any difference really!

Yeah but it wouldn’t work for zone triggers on two different homes, right?

1 Like

I’d rather see this as a server based feature. Let the 2 talk and sort it out. HA in HA (High Availability) Or add Zones to the Master and have slave HA ?? What do you think.

A suggestion for this feature for the app supporting multiple homes. Only one needs to be active at a time for most cases. You could almost log out and in

+1 for the feature

IOS already supports multiple servers…
(configuration/ companion app/ add server
:grinning:

1 Like

thanks. this is just what I was looking for!!

You can switch server by either swiping using 3 fingers
or
going to configuration/ companion app/ and activate the other server

i never have ant luck with finger swipes. i am not that co-oridinated. but thanks!

Would be great to have multiple homes in the app. About to do another massive HA install at our summer house.

1 Like

I find that the 3 finger swipe up from the bottom to get to the menu works most of the time for me.

I can only get the left/right swipe to work about 50% of the time. Most of the time it thinks I’m trying to “Undo” instead of changing servers.

I’ve been using the multi-server support in the app for exactly this. Two different HA instances in two different locations. Both are able to send apple notifications.

ony one that works for me is from the lock screen. PITA

Is there a timeline to make multiple servers available for android app?

2 Likes

It would be great to see multiple servers as an option in the Android app

4 Likes

Here’s the feature request thread on GitHub for the Android app. It was locked because there was a lot of interest which generated a lot of replies.

Unfortunately, I can’t find any PRs that would suggest the feature is anywhere close to being a reality.