Alternative firmware for Arilux AL-LC03 for use with MQTT and Home Assistant (RGB light strip controller)

https://github.com/arendst/Sonoff-Tasmota/wiki/Commands

I tried flashing an Arilux led controller with this firmware and it set the wifi ssid and pwd in the config.h, but it does not connect to my wifi. The flashing completed without any problems. There is also an ESP8285 on my board too instead of an ESP8266, and i guess ill have to change the pins and reflash it when i get home to get it to show colors correctly, but it should at least connect to my wifi right?

Also are there any certain versions of the libraries i should use or just use the newest available?

Or should i just use another firmware, and then what? I decided to try this one since it seemed to have a lot of effects, but i am a slight bit new to this but learning slowly. To be honest i mainly want it to be able to flow through colors either slow or fast but the more the better.

I had a similar issue with an LC01 when flashing with Tasmota. Others worked fine but one just didn’t want to connect to WiFi. If you monitor the serial connecton you may find some clues.

For mine I got it working by sending a command to switch to the second WiFi connection. Despite both being the same login info it wasn’t happy with the primary connection for some reason.

What am i supposed to do when i monitor the serial connection? Still pretty new to this but i manged to flash it at least.

Also can i do some basic effects with Tasmota? I mainly want it to cycle through colors smoothly, but a strobing effect would be nice too to have.

Tasmota has a colour fade scheme, see:

If you are using Arduino, once you have flashed leave the Arilux connected, open the Arduio serial monitor then restart the Arilux. You should start to see a status report coming through.

You can also type commands to setup WiFi. See list below: