Always tons of new features, but what about some basics?

Hi & sorry I have to vent.

I am searching for a way to permanently limit access to sidebar items, especially the media browser with our security cameras. There have been so many requests about this in the past few years and it has been justified more than once - security reasons included. Also I don’t want guest room users to access our locations on the map, and so on.

Another one I have seen requested: Folders to organise automations and the likes (for example by their function, rooms, … ). It’s becoming tedious to try and create a nomenclatura that works for everything, so whenever I look for something I have set up I have to look into several automations to find the right one.

As much as I enjoy new functionality coming to Home Assistant, these things come to my mind whenever I am about to hit the subscription button.

I am sure many would appreciate these things finally taken care of.

While I cannot contribute code wise, I would be happy to help sponsor these things financially within my possibilities.

Thanks for coming to my ted talk!
:slight_smile:

1 Like

For anyone that feels the same way, you can vote and comment here: Access Control: A Comprehensive Standard Integration Into The Core

And here: Grouping Automations on frontend for organization

It’s the same with about any software out there. Development emphasis is on new, new, and new mostly driven by the publisher. Feature requests? Maybe…, if we have time and feel like it.

Thank you, just did it!