AM43-0.45/40-ES-EB zigbee

hi, cant found the way to pairing with zigbee2mqtt, somebody have this device paired?
thanks

Hey there, I have the same device but I am not able to get into pairing mode

same time, set botton and down botton, and led flash blue, works with zigbee2mqtt.

Hi, I have exact same device and I have same issue. Are there any special preconditions to enable pairing mode. Can you describe a full process from switch ON point?

update:
My device is from 2019 and chip used is bluenrg-1

I have the same challenge. I have a Sonoff zigbee ZBBridge but can not get the two AM43 into pairing mode. Any advice would be appreciated.

1 Like

BlueNRG1 is a Bluetooth SoC, not Zigbee.

Hi all,
I have the same devices.
But I have a few older ones with a BLE chip. I tried many options add them to HA (https://github.com/buxtronix/am43) -> does not work with multiple devices in range.
And chip replacement for ESP-07 (https://github.com/Smoria/AM43-WiFi) -> low battery life.

I would like to buy a zigbee chip TYZS3 with software for AM43 and replace it with a BLE.
Where can I get them?

Thank you.

Is there a chance to have a picture of the PCB with zigbee module fitted?

This could be a hint.

THX for the mainboard photo. It seems this is a tuya zigbee chip-board:
https://developer.tuya.com/en/docs/iot/device-development/module/zigbee-module/tyzs-series-module/tuya-tyzs3-zigbee-module-datasheet

I could well imagine that the logic for the device is installed exclusively on the respective bluetooth or zigbee chip.

According to tuya itself, the zigbee chip is a Silicon Labs EFR32MG13P732 , see also here:
https://www.mouser.de/_/?keyword=EFR32MG13P732&qty=1

I donā€™t think Tuya will sell the separart to private individualsā€¦

EDIT:
It seems the 4-button and 3 button switches from tuya had build in the same zigbee chip:

Also the tuya relais.

I also have Zigbee Tuya AM43 blind motors with Sonoff Zigbee bridge. Has anybody got this to work as I cannot get it to pair?

Many thanks

1 Like

Worked out how to get it to pair its not very intuitive :frowning:

Hold down Set and Down keys at the same time for a few seconds it briefly flashes blue then does nothing but its actually in the mode and pair with Zigbee2MQTT. The other modes with red light are something else.

2 Likes

That worked thanks.

ive not much controll in home assistant however, press up or down and the motor moves a bit only once

You probably have to switch the AM43 from the default ā€œTiltā€ mode into the "Liftā€™ mode by pressing the SET button 5 times in a row (<1sec each).

My problem now is that I added the Window Covering entity to Lovelace but it only gives me the Up and Stop button, the Down button is always greyed out.

One is always greyed out, i.e. if its up the up will be greyed out. But you can swap up and down and that could be your issue

Is there anyone willing to help me on this?

Iā€™ve tried countless times to get one of two of this to pair with my home assistant. I was able to set one but the second one doesnā€™t do anything when repeating the procedure. it just doesnā€™t want to pair!

I am using the zigbee integration in home assistant.
Following the instructions as the manual:
-pressing the set button + the down button for more than 3 seconds makes the device blink for about a second and then nothing.
I press the ā€œAdd deviceā€ button in home assistant.
I keep waiting but nothing shows up.
I am close enough from the zigbee antenna (5 ft)

I have tried resetting the device, restarting home assistant, rebooting home assistant, to no avail.

thanks to those who will help.

Anyone seen this? It is possible to replace the BLE module with an ESP8266 modules. One could probably try this with E18-MS1PA1-PCB Zigbee modules or either as well.

I was having trouble getting an am43-0.45/40-es-ez to pair with Z2M. I have another that paired with no problems. This one not only wouldnā€™t pair, itā€™s behavior was inconsistent with what I experience with the first (pairing was ā€˜set + upā€™ and even then, it didnā€™t appear to stay in pairing mode more than a second or two. I tried it about twenty times without success.
I remembered that some of the early Zigbee devices needed to be four inches (10 cm) from the Zigbee coordinator in order to pair, so I tried thatā€¦ It paired in about 30 seconds. I then took it to the location where it will be used, and it works correctly.
Prior to pairing, do a factory reset. Set button until the red led turns on, then set + down until the blue blinks three times, then it is ready for set + up to put it in pairing mode.
Possibly coincidence, but I think the strong signal directly from the coordinator was necessary.
The Zigbee map now shows that it is relaying through a Zigbee router device near it.
I hope this is helpful.

Iā€™m still struggling with the pairing mode. and it seems if I hold the set and the down button nothing light up. not red nor blue. The Bluetooth function seems to work fine. Iā€™m wondering if i have a faulty model? contacting the seller. Unless someone else has a idea?