Ambient Weather api stopped working

Hello everyone.
I’m having two issues at the moment. First Sporadically ambient weather sensors stop reporting new data to hassio for a period of time (From 30min to 17h) and they kick back on again. Other times is goes to the websocket issue on the logs and never reports new data again at least not again for 32h until I did a host reboot and everything stating reporting back on again but keeps randomly stoping from time to time. I have plenty of automations link to ambient weather sensors and its a pain having to reboot host so many times. Please let me know if there anything I could do to help with this issue. Thank you

There is another thread dealing with this issue. The API url in the python config is referring to the old dash2 api. Some manual workarounds have solved this, but the official fix should be included in the 114 update. Read the conversation beginning with the reply below, ending up with a beta install of HA to apply the fix for now until 114 releases next week.

24hTemp

As you can see, the weather data reports now without breaks. You may need a couple of restarts. Not sure what causes the delay after the beta install, but users report differing results in the update of data after the beta install.

2 Likes

I have it from @owise1 at Ambient Weather support that dash2.ambientweather.net or rt.ambientweather.net are the correct URLs to use for now. Both point to the same server. The api.ambientweather.net server has a sporadic SSL certificate problem that is being resolved with the cloud host.

2 Likes

I am not sure if this applies to more than my self, but my “Abient problem” appears to have been caused but the Internet Printing Protocol (IPP). My home assistant installation had discovered my laser printer and ask to add the IPP integration, but that integration was flooding my network looking for the printer which is turned off much of the time. Removing the IPP integration has resulted in flawless connections to the Ambient Weather Network.

1 Like

After some tweaks by @owise1 at Ambient Weather, the dash2.ambientweather.net server has been working flawlessly for five days now. I don’t know if the api.abientweather.net server got its SSL problem fixed yet.

Integration was working for me until yesterday, it has since stopped working properly. Anyone else with the same issue?

It reports some stats, but they are all wrong. I have tried restarting HA and restarting virtual machine, but no change.

Internet outage has disrupted service from Ambient. Should be up for you now.

Are they down again?

I’m up right now.

Mine was down for about a day. Working again.

FYI all, if you didn’t see the announcement from Ambient, reboot your consoles (pull the batteries too) before October. They’ve moved to new servers and will be shutting down the old ones. Rebooting will ensure they attach to the new ones now. You can read the full announcement at their site.

2 Likes

Down again. Anyone else?

Update:
Went into Integrations and used Reload on the Component. Now working again.

Aaaaaand… down again. Reload not working this time. Guess I’ll be getting an Ecowitt and forgo the cloud API, tired of these outages.

Working again, magic. Still ordered an Ecowitt.

Mine is down again too.

Does this integration still work? I am new to Home Assistant and this was one of the big reasons I was switching from another platform. I have my own weather station and have created the APP Key and API Key but get an invalid API Key when I try to set up the integration. Any insights would be helpful.

I got the Ecowitt which sucks up the signal locally. No more reliance on the API that is constantly going down. There’s a nice easy integration available for it and it’s not too costly. I highly recommend it.

@omayhemo are you using the ecowitt with the ambient station?

Yessir I am

Any chance you have the actual device and what you did to configure it? Buying a whole new system isn;t doable but if I ca connect to my existing system and sip off it locally that would be ideal.

https://www.ecowitt.com/shop/goodsDetail/16

This device comes in three frequencies. You need to know on which frequency your station is broadcasting. As I understand it, Ambiweather devices come in two flavors, 433/915 MHz. So you’ll need to google your specific model and determine which it is before purchasing the Ecowitt. Don’t hold me to it, but I think mine was 915m