Amcrest AD410 Doorbell

This is the changelog for fw 1.000.00AC001.0.R.20230221.

@thorngravy - I’ve heard if you don’t have the chime kit installed you can remove the battery - no issue. But I sure thought that battery was needed when the doorbell button is pressed since the kit diverts all power to the chime. Please confirm if you have the chime kit installed or not. Thanks.

@odwide - yes, a brief change log was provided for the Feb 2023 release. There has not been anything published from Amcrest for the latest Aug 2023 firmware {20230810}.

Amcrest hasn’t even got around to updating their firmware download site to include the latest version. It has to be installed via the SH app currently.

Got it. Didn’t know there was a new fw from 8/10. I did install the one from February and the image looks smoother now.

@GaryOkie yea, no chime kit

I finally got a reply from Amcrest Support regarding the “missing” change log for the latest Aug 2023 AD410 firmware…

Here it is:

Change log:

Lexus_SDB61i-Lexus2_Eng_N_32M_CA_V1.000.00AC002.0.R.20230810.bin
08-10-2023

The update incorporates the following enhancements:

- Changed the charging threshold for an internal battery to resolve some overheating issues.
- Updated the logging driver, closed the kernel write log function.
- Fixed a security scanning bug.

I will see that this changelog is uploaded to our website today.

I’ve held off installing firmware updates on this doorbell, but this info leads me to believe it will be worthwhile - particularly since my AD410 has been shutting down/rebooting during this past summer’s heat.

I probably have a partially swollen battery that will need to be replaced, but without opening the case, I won’t know for sure. Now that the temps are normal, it has been working fine.

I upgraded to 1.000.00AC002.0.R.20230810 a few days ago and haven’t encountered any problems. I wasn’t having any before either, though.

Slightly off discussion I admit, but would anyone here know where to buy the Amcrest AD410 Doorbell from in the UK? Thanks in advance.

I’m in the US, so can’t confirm - but according to a couple of responses in this reddit thread, you can order it from Amazon US and have it shipped to UK. They didn’t mention shipping costs though.

You should also consider the Reolink Doorbell. It’s available in the UK and its integration is well supported in HA.

Note: I’m still relatively happy with my AD410 & AD110 doorbells and have a lot of experience with their CGI API and Home Assistant integration. But if I ever need to replace them, the Reolink is what I would go for.

Anyone know where I can find this firmware version? I want to upgrade to the newest but want to make sure I can get back to my current one.

1.000.0000000.7.R.210220

Since this 210220 version isn’t listed on the Amcrest firmware download site any longer, you will need to contact Amcrest Support to request it.

BTW - I’m still on that original version and haven’t updated yet either. Please reply if they provide you with a “public” link you can share. I’m in no rush to update, but having the original version as a backup is a smart move.

1 Like

I have received the firmware but they send it through email. Happy to forward it to you if you like. Alternatively, if you contact them, they sent it to me in less than 30 minutes.

1 Like

And the FW update didn’t seem to break anything in my automations/events. Yet. :wink:

1 Like

thanks for posting your findings, useful information for everyone

welp. Upgraded my firmware to the latest Amcrest one. Seemed to work okay at first. But new firmware:

1. sending audio via the api to the doorbell no longer works(I am not talking 2-way audio. Just the tts/file to doorbell api).
  2. Whenever the doorbell was rung, the amcrest integration went offline and I think the bell was restarting.

I’ve since rolled back. :slight_smile:

Thanks Rob for reporting back. I have still held off updating, and will probably wait until just before next summer’s heatwave to do so - IF the doorbell lasts that long. I am getting a few occasional reboots at random times, but they are not related to doorbell presses.

It sounds like your second issue with the new firmware might be related to the chime configuration. If the firmware is configured for no chime, it probably won’t trigger the chime kit relay.

Did you do a factory reset per the change log instructions? I’m not sure this is necessary, but it may be needed to ensure the configuration is correct. Even so, that is unlikely to fix the TTS/File API issue. That will need to be reported to Amcrest. They have fixed other API issues like this before.

I don’t use the chime kit and never configured it. So should be good there.

I didn’t at first but when I was having issues, I did and it didn’t help. Still issues.

I saw some reddit posts and someone did report it to amcrest. Supposedly they’re working on it. We’ll see. I’ll try again when a new firmware hits.

Since i’ve rolled back, things have calmed down again and seems to be working like before.

1 Like

I kept having the same issue where the doorbell was restarting every time the bell was pressed.

I fixed it by replacing my Amcrest doorbell with the Reolink Wifi doorbell. It works great and the Reolink integration to Home Assistant has all the functions I need, like human detection and an event triggered when the bell is pressed.

That’s not actually fixing it but it is getting rid of the problem. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: I’ve considered it. There are some things I do not like about the Amcrest. When this thing dies, i’ll probably move to it. I’ve been following a few go2rtc threads on that camera. Most comments are positive.

Morning!
So the integration is now entirely failing for me. There doesn’t seem to be a way to get detailed logging, I’m not sure why, it still shows up in the Amcrest app and I still get the video feed.
Now I just get a “Error fetching camera details.”
Since this integration isn’t really maintained anymore, seems like I’m just SOL?

I assume you are referring to the custom Dahua integration. I did not know that RRoller had abandoned it, but it does look that way after reviewing his Github issues log.

The Amcrest integration is still supported as it is CORE, so switch to it and see if the problem persists for you. If it works, you will likely have to make adjustments in your automations for triggers on amcrest events as opposed to automatically created binary sensors. In my experience, the amcrest event trigger method has always been reliable for button press and human/motion detection.