Amcrest video doorbell AD110 initial impressions

I just got this up and running. I go from the camera to frigate to HA.
The latter part is very fast but the camera to HA is still a bit laggy.
I couldn’t get amcrest detection zones to line up perfectly with Frigate’s so I actually just switched to Frigate’s person detection so that I get the right snapshot on the person camera it spits out.
I send that to myself in a notification.

Still can’t cast the frigate stream of the amcrest doorbell to my Google Home Hub, but I can of my Wyze cam instantly.
I couldn’t cast the amcrest integration camera or the WebRTC to the Google Home Hub.
Gotta be a codec issue.

FYI, I made a Hassio addon which is just a wrapper around the original docker image:

I’m sharing it here as I’d like to get some test results since one user faced issues on Raspbian that I can’t reproduce (I’m on a NUC).

3 Likes

I am on a x86 processor as well, but I will gladly use it.

I’m a little torn about whether I’m keeping the doorbell.
There’s a delay between pressing the button and the doorbell itself playing a chime outside to let you know you pressed it.
I reset it and the delay lessened but it’s still a little annoying for anybody that comes by I imagine.

1 Like

Not sure if you have an AD410 (I do) but there’s hardly a delay with me, the “ding dong” almost instantly pops up.

Hi Rob,

I’ve already commented on your Github page, and am cross-posting here for others to see…

Your wrapper of DChesterson’s amcrest2mqtt as an add-on is working perfectly on my RasPi4 HASS. It’s not Raspbian, but it is a standard HASS OS 64bit build.

I was hoping I could use amcrest2mqtt to support not just my AD410 for doorbell/human detection, but also for several Dahua cameras using tripwire for Intrusion detection. (The standard Amcrest video motion sensor is useless to me).

I don’t see an obvious way this add-on can support multiple instances for each camera.

From the readme on github

Out of Scope

Multiple Devices

The app will not support multiple devices. You can run multiple instances of the app if you need to expose events for multiple devies.

Thanks, I was aware of that limitation. What I don’t know is how an add-on can be run as “multiple instances” which is the workaround for multiple devices.

I have AD410 and i didn’t understand how to setup in HA

I use frigate, so i guess is better to use frigate.

But rtsp doesn’t works for me, because i use

rtsp://myemail:[email protected]/cam/realmonitor?channel=1&subtype=1

no way, ask me password, but i insert username that i use in the app amcrest smart home, and the same password, why ask me vlc password like isn’t correct ?

During the initial setup of the AD410, it requests a device password. This is probably not the same password you used for the SmartHome app. Also, the device userid is “admin” by default and definitely not your email ID.

ok admin:mypass works

sorry

Sorry thought I’d replied to this, you should just be able to run another docker instance using the commands used for the first instance, just change the IP of the camera.

I use proxmox and i have tried to install frigate in docker, but i don’t understand how.

I have posted on frigate thread without success, you know how to install frigate in docker with proxmox ?
So I can use gpu passthrough and my usb google coral ?

Note. for now i use an i7 nuc only for HA, and is useless, too much power for nothing

Are you looking for a way to do this or have one already and are just trying to improve something?
just in case you are looking for any method and don’t have one yet let me know and I will try to explain what I am doing to get person detected/ivs only events from the cameras… kind of a roundabout method but it works for me… I use it so my porch light only goes on if a “person” steps onto my grass/into my driveway line… but they can walk by on the sidewalk all day… but I know you are pretty well-versed in all things amcrest so I’m guessing you already have something… either way let me know if you need more info.

Hi @Bartem.

Thanks for your kind offer of assistance. I was using amcrest2mqtt for just the AD410 events and found it work perfectly. But for a standard HASS OS build, having it support numerous other Dahua cameras was a bit too awkward for me.

Recently I found the Amcrest integration was updated to pass any Amcrest/Dahua event without needing MQTT. (This was updated last April and I had missed it!)

So for the AD410, I’ve set up a simple event trigger for CrossRegionDetection for Human Motion Detection, and one for the CallNoAnswered event for doorbell presses using just the Amcrest integration.

In addition, my other Dahua StarLight cameras are using this same Amcrest Integration to support event handling for both IVS tripwire, intrusion, and SMD (Smart Motion Detection). Very nice - and not at all roundabout.

So I’m happy to share and compare notes, if interested.

That pretty much sums it up right there that we are pretty much using the identical steps… I just happen to do it with GitHub - psyciknz/CameraEvents: Dahua NVR/Camera Alerting to MQTT. Fairly specific to my needs, but also an attempt at starting to use travis.
because that was my first method to get motion events out of my NVR way back in 2017 or so… so I just stuck with that because that’s what I was familiar with. So yeah I think we are already doing the same thing… sends that to mqtt and have sensors based off that for “person detection” from the ivs rules.
Yeah like I said couldn’t tell if you already had something or were looking for it.

Question though… does the Amcrest integration work with NVRs yet? I just pull everything from the nvr including my ad110 motion and what not… I kind of stopped following the progress with the amcrest integration because I had gotten everything I needed working with CameraEvents?

No, it doesn’t.

There is a new Dahua camera custom integration that has NVR channel support. I have been testing it for the doorbells, but not yet for the NVR. It also creates a bunch of binary sensors from events you can select from the config UI. You might want to check it out - GitHub - rroller/dahua: Dahua Camera and Doorbell Home Assistant Integration

1 Like

Any chance you know if I can skip the video stream altogether with that Dahua Integration and just get the event sensors? My streams are already coming from frigate… installing now to try to poke around a bit. Thank you.

I don’t know of any specific option to turn off the video stream, since enabling ffmpeg is also needed for Frigate. This integration does have an option to specify the RTSP port. Maybe try a bogus port to prevent the stream from connecting? Don’t know if it will continue gracefully and process just events from then on.

btw - the developer has been very responsive to bug reports and enhancement requests.

I just meant the camera streams themselves are already in ha from the frigate integration so I didn’t want to end up with like porch and porch_1 for example… of the same camera view

Ah - got it! Sounds like a good enhancement request to me. rroller has repeatedly stated in his comments his dislike for HASS Stream handling so I think he would be quite receptive to this.