Amcrest video doorbell AD110 initial impressions

I’ve also been looking into how to work around the ability to enable/access two way talk audio and noticed the 5060 SIP port. I found GB28181 is a standard used which seems like the protocol which involves SIP to make calls to the device for two way audio.

If I 'm well understanding that would be my dream doorbell, one that with which we could do two way audio from the Home Assistant phone app (iOS in my case) and avoiding the need to an external app.
Is it what you want to acheive ?

V.

1 Like

Or have home assistant send an automated pre-recorded message to the doorbell. That would be cool.

Just, i got now on the HA in the log that Amcrest2Mqtt unsupported container is. How can we fix that?

WARNING (MainThread) [supervisor.resolution.evaluations.base] Found images: {'dchesterton/amcrest2mqtt'} which are not supported, remove these from the host! (more-info: https://www.home-assistant.io/more-info/unsupported/software)

Hmm, not sure why it is being listed as unsupported. Suggest raising issue with dchesterson’s github.

As an aside, I no longer use amcrest2mqtt since the core amcrest integration provides full event handling without needing mqtt. The custom Dahua integration does as well. Both also handle multiple cameras/doorbell events nicely.

EDIT: I see that an issue has already been raised … Unsupported version in HA. Can you update the image? · Issue #48 · dchesterton/amcrest2mqtt · GitHub

Hi all,

I’ve been interesting in getting a doorbell that can work offline with no internet.
It seems like the amcrest can do this.

The only thing I wanted to ask is that can I use the 2 way audio to talk? When there is no internet?
Like if im on the LAN can I use 2 way audio?

I was thinking vlan off the doorbell and if I want to speak I would vpn in after getting the HASS notifications. And to block the internet.

I don’t really want to use blue iris nor synology.
If the app still works when connected to the LAN and I can use 2 way audio that would be awesome.
I can vlan back in and use either the dahua app or the amcrest app.

Hikvision cameras I can use 2 way audio if I vpn back in and use the iVMS-4500 iOS app.

There have been several folks who have been trying to crack this nut - “local” 2way talk, but I’ve not seen any reports of success. (See previous posts in this thread from mp9, matchett808-gh, and pathartii).

Here’s a good writeup on how to set up the doorbell for total local control - but without talk. Fully Offline Video Doorbell for Home Assistant - Amcrest AD110

So bottom line, Internet connectivity is required for 2-way talk, unless someone else reports otherwise.

Thanks for the reply garyokie.

I wonder if synology and blue iris are require internet to get 2 way audio working. Or are they both Local only.

I don’t need 2 way from HA. I just looking at getting 2 way working with interent blocked.
So using a different app or the dahua app is fine.

Is there a local protocol or api that can access the 2 way audio functionality.

Hi matchett808-gh
Wanted to ask you if the dahua gdmss software can be used for 2 way audio?

I’m wanting to get the ad110 and have it on vlan with no interent (internet blocked).

If the gdmss software can use 2 way maybe I can use OpenVPN to get onto the LAN then use gdmss.

Would this be possible?

I installed my AD110 today, I got some basic stuff working like push messages to the HA mobile app, but I am struggling to get the RTSP stream working. I’m running 2021.10.6 in docker on Ubuntu.
Following the config above I’ve got the following config:

Camera:

- platform: ffmpeg #Amcrest AD110 Doorbell Camera
  input: !secret rtsp
  extra_arguments: '-filter:v crop=1280:720:474:360'
  name: "Amcrest Doorbell"

Secret:

rtsp: rtsp://admin:<password>@192.168.3.27:554/cam/realmonitor?channel=1&subtype=0

FFMPEG

ffmpeg:
  ffmpeg_bin: /usr/bin/ffmpeg

Using the above secret string in VLC I get a live camera feed after a few seconds of loading. In HA I get nothing. In the logs I have:

2021-11-20 16:35:55 WARNING (MainThread) [haffmpeg.core] Timeout while waiting of FFmpeg
2021-11-20 16:35:58 WARNING (MainThread) [haffmpeg.tools] Timeout reading image.
2021-11-20 16:36:07 WARNING (MainThread) [haffmpeg.tools] Timeout reading image.
2021-11-20 16:36:08 WARNING (MainThread) [haffmpeg.tools] Timeout reading image.

The last message just repeats. Any ideas where to look? I’m at a loss since the same RTSP string works fine in VLC.

Edit
I think it was a network issue in the end. I read something else saying make sure that the camera could connect back to the source requesting the stream, I added a FW rule in towards HA and it started working.

Good to hear you found the problem.

Does the extra_arguments option actually work to crop the live stream or recordings? As I recall, the last time I tried using this option, only a snapshot was cropped.

Question: I’m sure this has been answered before but what doorbell does everyone suggest? I bought a Eufy Wired and have had nothing but trouble getting a live stream in HA. I was looking at replacing it with an armcrest but I’m not sure which one I should get. I like the look and solid build of the AD110 but it looks like the AD410 has the better features and integration. I’m not stuck on any one vendor. I just want to get a good camera doorbell that works with Home Assistant

I only have experience with Skybell, Amcrest AD110, and AD410 WiFi doorbells. Of these, the AD410 is clearly the best with HA that I’ve used. It has better features, especially AI human detection and resolution.

The integration with HA works well with multiple choices on how to do it. Use the Core Amcrest integration or custom Dahua integration for streaming, recording and event processing (button press and motion). There are also other options for processing the video via RTSP by Blue Iris, Frigate, and others.

Just keep in mind that in order for 2-way talk to function, the SmartHome mobile app is required as is an Internet connection, although streaming and events are all local.

EDIT: For a SmartHome app alternative, See: Amcrest video doorbell AD110 initial impressions - #303 by iointerrupt

1 Like

The core Amcrest integration doesn’t seem to work with the Amcrest AD410. How did you get it working?

Describe what’s not working. Any errors in the log? The core Amcrest integration has supported RTSP streaming on both the AD110 and AD410 since they’ve been released. Human detection/doorbell press detection requires event handling.

Previously I’d seen URL errors in my logs, but for some reason I’m not seeing them now. When I add in the camera all I get is a single entity for the camera (camera.amcrest_camera) and I can get what looks like some sort of stream, but nothing else. No events, no other entities other than a single camera entity. I’ve been running the amcrest2mqtt but would really prefer to have it all in HA

Ok…it took me re-reading the doc to see the ‘binary_sensors’ section in amcrest. Did a ‘listen to events’ and saw the amcrest event show up. Of course, now I have even more questions.

If I do a ‘enable_recording’ where does the video get stored?

Can you share some of your example configs and/or automations? Specifically around triggering something when someone rings the doorbell

If you are using the core Amcrest integration, the provided binary sensors aren’t of much use for the AD410/AD110 doorbells. The custom Dahua integration does a better job of creating useful sensors, but I prefer to stick with triggering on events as it’s more flexible since the event payload is exposed.

Here’s the automation for triggering on the doorbell press event.

trigger:
  - platform: event
    event_type: amcrest    # Note: for the custom Dahua integration, use "dahua_event_received" here 
    id: doorbell button pressed
    event_data:
      event: CallNoAnswered
      payload:
        action: Start

Here’s the AD410 human detection motion trigger. On the SmartHome app, I recommend configuring human detection ONLY, and turn off general motion detection. If you must check for both types of motion, then you will need to add the VideoMotion event.

trigger:
    event_type: amcrest 
    id: Human Motion
    event_data:
      event: CrossRegionDetection
      payload:
        data:
          ObjectType: Human  

For you AD110 users out there, the core Amcrest integration motion binary sensor triggers on raw pixel changes within the grid (VideoMotion event). That creates a lot of false triggers. The AD110 has a PIR that creates motion events on heat signatures, but the Amcrest motion binary sensor ignores it. Here’s what you need to use instead:

trigger:
    event_type: amcrest
    id: AD110 Object Motion (from PIR sensor)
    event_data:
      event: AlarmLocal       # or ProfileAlarmTransmit  can be used  
      payload:
9 Likes

Perfect! I’m going to stick with the Amcrest integration now that I understand it better! Thanks for those configs. And yes, I really like the fact it does ‘human’ detection instead of just motion detection that is usually a false positive.

Just a note for people that want to go fully offline regarding the two-way audio feature, I suggest looking into Amcrests View Pro app for android and Amcrest View Lite for apple devices. It uses ONVIF to connect to the doorbell and supports the two-way audio.

I have two devices: an old Nook HD with LineageOS installed, running Amcrest View Pro and iPad 1 with a Amcrest View Lite from the AppStore. Both of them along with the AD110 are on my IoT VLAN with no internet access and working fine.

As a precaution, I would if you are using the apps, do NOT modify any of the doorbell properties using them. Just use them to view and have two way talk audio.

Has anyone had any luck being able to trigger some of the “Doorbell Quick Responses” on AD410 via Home Assistant?