Amcrest video doorbell AD110 initial impressions

Thanks, this is great, one step closer to getting that elusive button press!

Using your commands was able to turn on/off the ring light, but I haven’t been able to disable motion detection. It doesn’t error or anything just stays showing as ‘off’ in HA, but continue to get alerts.
I must be doing something wrong there I guess…

What version of AD110 firmware are you on @Snozzle ? Amcrest changed the way motion detection/alarm was handled in the most recent firmware update (which has since been recalled and is no longer avail.)

EDIT: Would you also please let me know if turning off “Call Notification” in the SmartHome app turns off push notification alerts to your phone? It’s supposed to, but it’s not working for me. I was hoping to find out if it was a wider issue which may depend on firmware version.

Anyone know the command to turn off night vision on the doorbell? As long as it’s off, my doorbell is stable but last night, it turned itself back on. Update, reboot, I have no idea. I figure a periodic command to keep it shut off is the solution…

Hi @Myeager1967 -

The AD110 has a setting in its firmware to automatically reboot every Tuesday at 2AM. In version 200702 firmware, your Night Vision setting is unfortunately reset to “SmartLight” internally after a reboot. The SmartHome app will show it as “Auto”.

You can query the existing state of Night Vision (Mode & intensity) using:
http://admin:[email protected]/cgi-bin/configManager.cgi?action=getConfig&name=Lighting

You can turn the IR off via:
http://admin:[email protected]/cgi-bin/configManager.cgi?action=setConfig&Lighting[0] [0].Mode=Off

Note: the possible modes are:
Off
Auto (or SmartLight)
ForceOn

1 Like

@GaryOkie running 1.000.00AC004.0.R.200702
Just arrived yesterday and did the initial firmware update.

And no, turning off Call Notification from the amcrest app doesn’t stop the push alerts.

It does not turn them off for me either, 200702… I really wish the notifications were a little more obtrusive… (Or at least be able to change the alert sound) I could have swore the first time I pushed the doorbell on initial install it actually came up similar to a phone call… but it is actually very possible I simply tapped the push notification inadvertently and it took me to the “Answer/Hangup” Screen…
do you guys just get the small push notification and that’s it on the button press?

@Snozzle - In your first post, which motion alerts are you referring to… the push notifications from SmartHome or alerts you trigger in Home Assistant from the motion_detected binary sensor?

There is an inconsistency in how the SmartHome app turns off Motion Detection in the AD110. It sets to false Alarm[0].Enable, but leaves MotionDetect enabled. But if you use the Amcrest Integration with the AD110, it only subscribes to MotionDetect events, not Alarm events to trigger the motion_detected binary sensor.

There was a newer 200828 firmware that was released 2 weeks ago that changed this to toggle MotionDetect.Enable instead, but that firmware was retracted after a few days with no explanation.

So try turning both alarm & motion switches off…

http://admin:[email protected]/cgi-bin/configManager.cgi?action=setConfig&MotionDetect[0].Enable=false

http://admin:[email protected]/cgi-bin/configManager.cgi?action=setConfig&Alarm[0].Enable=false

And thanks very much for confirming the “Call Notification” off switch is currently short-circuited. @Bartem just confirmed it as well.

I get the same pop-up push notification you show above. In addition to the AD110 chime and the indoor ding-dong chime, my Android phone rings for just a second using the same ring-tone as a regular phone call. I don’t like it either, and don’t know if it can be changed.

EDIT: you can change it. In Android settings/notifications/Amcrest 3 different notification alerts can be configured with different ring tones (or turned off).

The 3 different SmartHome notification categories are :

1. RingPush - don’t know what triggers this yet
  2. push_default_alarm - Motion Detected alert ringtone
  3. push_default_ringtone - Doorbell Push ringtone

I get motion detections in both HA and on the amcrest app.

I’ve tried adding the additional switch motionDetect and same thing there, switch is ‘off’ in HA, and always reverts to ‘off’ after being turned on.
motion detection in HA and amcrest still show fine.

Note - this doesn’t really bother me at this stage, just helping with testing.

@Bartem - yeah I just get popup notifications, nothing like a phone call.

Having a bad HA day today. Can’t seem to get things work right for me.

I have added the Armcest integration into my config file. However, I continue to get an authentication error. I have triple checked my username and password and even logged out of my app and back in to see that it is right and it is. Still not letting me in. Is there a port number I am missing somewhere or something?

amcrest:
  - host: 192.168.1.35
    username: [email protected]
    password: xxx
    scan_interval: 1
    name: "Front Door"
    resolution: high
    stream_source: rtsp
    binary_sensors:
      - motion_detected
      - audio_detected

Your username should be “admin” and the password whatever you made it during the initial setup

You are accessing the camera locally, admin is the default username for Amcrest devices… the password selection during setup changes that password only, but admin is still the username.

Thank you! Knew I had to be missing something silly!

No problem… I suppose maybe the docs could be updated to say that the default is normally admin so people realize it is not trying to connect to the Amcrest cloud account or anything like that…

Hi @GaryOkie, @MYeager1967,

I’ve had serious issues with IR, I think my issues are also compounded because I run it through BlueIris and whatever power issue this cam has, the problem is exacerbated with video streaming at night. I also block all traffic and Amcrest, like most almost all connected cameras will constantly send DNS queries. From what I’ve read, that’s part of the reason why it reboots on Tuesdays because that’s the only way it can get new AWS IP addresses for the camera’s cloud services, terribly implemented.

Anyway, since I keep this cam 100% offline, I disabled the auto reboot, you will need the latest available firmware but here’s the command:

http://[AD110 Cam IP]/cgi-bin/configManager.cgi?action=setConfig&AutoMaintain[0].AutoRebootEnable=false

Use this command to verify :

http://[AD110 Cam IP]/cgi-bin/configManager.cgi?action=getConfig&name=AutoMaintain

Auto reboot should now = false:

table.AutoMaintain.AutoRebootEnable=false

To largely remedy my issues with the IR rebooting stuff, I created a simple automation that is triggered by BlueIris via MQTT to send a topic/payload upon signal restoration alert.

Created a binary_sensor:

- platform: mqtt
  name: "Doorbell Manual "
  state_topic: "BI/doorbell"
  payload_on: "OFF"
  off_delay: 30

Created a command_line switch to change the IR mode:

- platform: command_line
  switches:
    doorbell_manual:
      command_on: curl --digest -u "admin:pwd" "http://[AD110 Cam IP]/cgi-bin/configManager.cgi?action=setConfig&Lighting[0][0].Mode=Manual"
      command_off: curl --digest -u "admin:pwd" "http://[AD110 Cam IP]cgi-bin/configManager.cgi?action=setConfig&Lighting[0][0].Mode=Manual"

Note: Manual mode isn’t in the API from what I could tell but it works for me and somehow more stable than the other modes, mainly SmartLight.

Automation:

- id: '123456789101'
  alias: 'Turn on Manual Mode on Doorbell Cam '
  description: 'Triggered through Binary Sensor on Signal Restoration '
  trigger:
  - platform: state
    entity_id: binary_sensor.doorbell_manual
  condition: []
  action:
  - service: homeassistant.turn_on
    data: {}
    entity_id: switch.doorbell_manual
  mode: single

So far so good, especially since it’s starting to get really dark very early around my parts. Hope this helps.

2 Likes

Thanks for sharing @ctowers. I’ve known I can disable the auto-reboot but have left it in to keep the IP up to-date. I actually need the AD110 to connect to the cloud so 2-way talk is possible via the SH app.

Incidentally, in the 200828 firmware that was recalled after 4 days of release, the users that installed it report that the auto-reboot was removed. I would assume when they get this firmware fixed and re-released, it too will do away with the auto-reboot.

It’s good you confirmed that your automation of enabling manual mode has solved your night IR issues. Others have reported that just changing the intensity of the IR via the API has also solved their suspected power issues at night.

BTW- there was a long discussion on this topic at the Amcrest support forum you might find interesting.
https://amcrest.com/forum/amcrest-smart-home-f32/video-doorbell-ad110-losing-connection-at-night-t13712-s40.html#p33274

I’m still having connection issues at night, but it doesn’t appear to be the full reboot any longer. I disable the night IR mode as soon as I connect to the doorbell. That way, even on the weekly reboot, it’s turned back off. My script restarts when it looses connection so whatever the reason, it gets taken care of. I wish it was more stable, but a 24vac75VA transformer is more than enough…

@GaryOkie I complained to them about 200828 since my motion detection no longer works. after a long back and forth this was the last they told me. figured you would like to know.
edit: did you know if anyone figured a way to go back to the motion window where you set it… i got that 3 zone stuff and get 0 motion detection

"Hi

In this case, I’ve checked with the R&D team and see that they are working on fixing the issue with the firmware and new update will be released soon, we don’t have an ETA regarding the update. "

Hi @ghvader - there is no known switch in the firmware/API that can revert the motion UI back to the block grids. I’m not sure how Amcrest updated the UI in the app when the app itself wasn’t updated from the Play store. Best guess is the app’s menus are XML-based and can be dynamically altered.

It is strange though that you aren’t getting any motion events at all from the PIR 3-zone settings. I hate to suggest factory resetting it, but that might help. But I suspect Amcrest Support already suggested that - it seems that’s their go-to response for just about everything.,

1 Like

If you can, check the voltage at transformer, and at the cam. See how much of a drop you get.

I’ll do that, but I doubt it’s much. I replaced all the wiring 15 years ago with better wire. :grinning: