This custom component for Home Assistant is an upgrade of my first component “simple thermostat” with addition of trully awesome features.
Why another thermostat implementation ?
For my personnal usage, I needed to add a couple of features and also to update the behavior that I implemented in my previous component “Simple thremostat”. This new component “Awesome thermosts” now manage the awesome use cases :
- Explicitely define the temperature for presets mode in config file.
- Unset the preset mode when the temperature is manually defined on a thermostat.
- Turn off/on a thermostat when a door or windows is opened/closed.
- Set a temperature when an activity is detected in a room, and another one after no activity has been detected for a defined time.
That’s awesome ! How Can I enjoy this awesome thermostat ?
- Install HACS. That way you get updates automatically.
- Add this Github repository as custom repository in HACS settings.
- search and install “Awesome Thermostat” in HACS and click
- Modify your
configuration.yamlas explain below.
- Restart Home Assistant.
- Using the tool of choice open the directory (folder) for your HA configuration (where you find
- If you do not have a
custom_componentsdirectory (folder) there, you need to create it.
- In the
custom_componentsdirectory (folder) create a new folder called
- Download all the files from the
custom_components/awesome_thermostat/directory (folder) in this repository.
- Place the files you downloaded in the new directory (folder) you created.
- Modify your
configuration.yamlas explain below
- Restart Home Assistant
Please look the configuration detail in the github page of the project :