Android 2021.12: Wear OS Beta!

Thank you! I’ll go ahead and try The beta

Is there any plan to add geolocation to the wearos app? Would really like to have that option for a smartwatch for my kid. #helecopterparent

Yup once we have a UI for enabling/disabling sensors we will be evaluating all phone sensors adding the ones which work.

Excellent. Is there a Project on github or somewhere to track progress for wearos specifically?

We have a project setup but its not actively updated. Users are free to add feature requests on github and PRs are welcomed. We do have a label where we mark requests and PRs to help organize things. Remember we are all volunteers so people work on whatever it is they want to work on :slight_smile:

Thanks man. Yep i see that they have a Project for Wear OS now. thanks again.

Just fixed my problems…
Any idea when there is a stable release with this fix?

it will be ready when its ready :wink:

1 Like

Hi sorry for such a silly question. I have a new wear os swatch. I dose not connect neither WiFi nor Bluetooth…I have the mov app 2022.2.1 full. To aupdate to the beta within one from the link you mention I have to install en the telephone?? I see in the last release ther are 3 options one full other minimal and other wear…thanks a lot. When I install in the phone do I need to install in the watch also the beta app?? Thanks

Hi carls,
So you need to go into the developer settings of your wear os watch and enable wifi debugging, then download any sideload app to your phone.(i used “Easy Fire Tools” Then you save the wearos beta apk like (home-assistant-wear-beta-2026-a6e2aaff.apk) on your phone and install the apk directly via the sideload app on your watch.

Please remember to disable wifi debugging after successfully installing the wear os app!

Please have a look here https://wearablestouse.com/blog/2022/01/04/install-apps-apk-samsung-galaxy-watch-4/. Here it is actually super explained.

Hi thanks for the Quick reply. I have a doubt. Is this process you say valid for a ticwatch?? And do I need to install also the beta apk for home assistant (the mobile phone app)??? Which apk do I install the one says “minimal” or the one says “full”. now in movile phone I have the last official, no beta. You mention the beta version 2026. Do you recommend this one or shall I get the latest?? Now the 2098 version…thanks alot.

This is valid for all wear os smart watches so also for your ticwatch. I would suggest you install the latest beta. The WearOS runs independently from the smartphone app. So you can have the official app from appstore on your phone and have the beta version on your watch. If you have problems with the latest beta take the version that I have installed. (home-assistant-wear-beta-2026-a6e2aaff.apk)

Good luck :slight_smile:

Hey thanks a lot. Later if I have time I will try it to see if I’m lucky. :blush:

One thing to keep in mind, the latest beta is always pushed to the play store every Saturday night so you don’t have to sideload you can just wait. Make sure to join the app beta to get the beta releases.

Hi again. I tried with the latest beta app and nothing. Neither wit Bluetooth nor WiFi. With WiFi I get to the point I introduce username and password ant it stops when registering the whatch, when it gives you the name and and you just jave to validate. It dies continue…I also tried the other vets version you recommended and nothing
Could it be vecause in my Rpi I’m running quite an old homeassisrant version??? I’m embarrassed to say I have 92.4 …it is because for me it works fine and I dont have time to update and rewrite automation… etc…
Is there any way around to make it work with my old HA version?? Thanks a lot

No that’s too old

Guys, I have installed it on my galaxy watch 4 however when I hit switch it does not work just saying that swith selected, how to switch things through my watch? State of switches displayed correctly

please create a bug and attach the on device logs, you may need to get logcat setup in order to get them but we cannot help without those logs.

Not sure how to create buglog on galaxy watch, but here is video: home assistant bug on galaxy watch 4 - YouTube

unfortunately a video is not going to get us the error in the logs. You will need to get android studio setup and connect your watch using Debug a Wear OS app  |  Android Developers to get us the logs. You can try checking HA core errors to see if anything shows up by chances are the error in the device is what we need.