Android companion app keeps banning itself and won't log in

I have a Lenovo wall-mounted tablet, it worked fine for one year and a half, but now it refuses to work properly.
I have always used it with the companion app in conjunction with fully single kiosk app (the issue however does not seem to be related to this last app, as it happens even when using home assistant app alone).

It started working weirdly about a couple weeks ago: it keeps banning itself, exactly as it happens when you try to log in multiple times with invalid credentials (even though they are correct, since they never changed and they work when logging from a pc). I disabled ip banning, but somehow it still does not wanna connect.
When it was banning itself, it banned both my public ip and the tablet’s private ip.
The weird thing is that after a server reboot, the tablet works just fine, and keeps doing so for a few hours, using exactly the same credentials that after a while are giving me the error.

The log only gives me this, over and over:

2022-12-12 01:05:14.243 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.http.ban] Login attempt or request with invalid authentication from net-[MY PUBLIC IP].cust.vodafonedsl.it ([MY PUBLIC IP]). Requested URL: '/auth/token'. (Home Assistant/2022.11.0-2948 (Android 10; Lenovo TB-X306F))

I found people with a similar issue that were told to solve the issue by changing NGINX settings (which i’m not using).

I don’t know wether the issue is related to the android app or the tablet itself, since i don’t have any other android device to test. On Apple devices it never gave any sort of issue.

Home assistant, android and companion app are all up to date.
Uninstalling and reinstalling companion app didn’t solve the issue.

If you guys have any idea it’s very welcome, as this thing is driving me crazy.

Tried clearing the tokens under “refresh tokens” on your profile(the last item on the sidebar)?

what error do you see in the companion app logs?

This worked! Thank you so much

1 Like