Announcement: HADashboard v2 Beta!

Ok, let’s see what happens with beta 2 and we will take it from there.

anything changing with the way the .dash files are setup in beta2??

Not at all, I think it is working pretty well, do you disagree???

No I was just wondering if I needed to change my app that builds dash files based off of the HA groups.

Nope, nothing changed, and your app is still cool :slight_smile:

You know what’s really weird…I was having the same problem as you, and I went into my /etc/hosts file and also found an entry for my host’s local network name with 127.0.1.1.

I didn’t put it there.

I’m thinking there must be a bug with some RPi setup or network package we both have used.

Are you thinking the JS should always be recompiled and force or recompile should then only act on the CSS? Just wondering about those not doing any dev and just running the skins, they are most likely not using the recompile and hence wouldn’t get the JS reloads. Like what I was seeing with the background on simplyred not working.

That is the way Debian/Ubuntu seems to be set up. Do bear in mind that any address starting 127. refers to localhost.

I decided to try working on a skin. I downloaded a jpg file I wanted to use as a background. I created my custom_css directory under the conf directory. I copied the obsidian directory from the assets/css directory. I changed the following line as shown below.

background-image: url("/custom_css/cardinals/img/cardinals_bg.jpg");

saved the file and called on of my dashboards using ?skin=cardinals (that’s what I called my directory)

No background.

What am I not seeing?

no errors anywhere

Log file contains

2017-03-11 21:11:39.503911 INFO Loading custom skin 'cardinals'
2017-03-11 21:11:39.517892 INFO Compiling dashboard 'sam_bedroom'
2017-03-11 21:11:39.867632 WARNING Unable to find widget type 'iframe'
2017-03-11 21:11:40.649842 INFO function [compile_dash] finished in 1144 ms
2017-03-11 21:11:40.662973 INFO Dashboard disconnected
2017-03-11 21:11:40.817602 INFO New dashboard connected: sam_bedroom Panel

Question: If I have a skin with a fixed image as a background, ie a link to a file on the HASS machine, what happens if another script (eg one that obtained a new image from somewhere) changed that image, ie put a new image there with the same filename. Would the background change automagically in the dashboard, or is some sort of reload needed?

like i wrote it here works.

i think its the place where you did place the directory
the dir conf is no base dir from the server. assets is the base dir.

Hey Bit-River,
Which weather component are you using? I have been looking around for something like that.

No, you would either need to force a reload in the browser, or have some Javascript running to pick up the new file and apply it - wouldn’t be hard to do though.

You can do this by adding a meta refresh tag in the head includes section in variables.yaml for the skin.

I was thinking it could be a separate flag. dash_force_compile = 1 would force everything, dash_force_compile = 2 would do just the JS. But I am sure that @aimc has a better idea. Maybe even to move the force compile argument to the dash level.

That’s the weather widget built into Dash.

1 Like

Looks like he has modded it a bit though …

In honor of the new Beta 2 Thread

I am closing this thread - we can continue discussions in the new thread.

1 Like

Yes, it looks like he removed the rain and humidity and changed the title on Apparent Temp.