Announcement - HADashboard v2 Beta 2!

Okay this seems weird.
Running appdaemon -s /var/opt/homeassistant/appdaemon/conf gives the following error

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/local/bin/appdaemon", line 11, in <module>
    load_entry_point('appdaemon==2.0.0b2', 'console_scripts', 'appdaemon')()
  File "/var/opt/homeassistant/appdaemon/appdaemon/appdaemon.py", line 1556, in main
    args.starttime, "%Y-%m-%d %H:%M:%S"
  File "/usr/lib/python3.4/_strptime.py", line 500, in _strptime_datetime
    tt, fraction = _strptime(data_string, format)
  File "/usr/lib/python3.4/_strptime.py", line 337, in _strptime
    (data_string, format))
ValueError: time data '/var/opt/homeassistant/appdaemon/conf' does not match format '%Y-%m-%d %H:%M:%S'

How should a directory match a time format?

That would be caused if you specified a -s in the command line, which is the “starttime” argument.

EDIT: It should be -c not -s

Okay no error this way (with -c) :slight_smile: , and it seem to be working fine.

2017-03-14 19:59:54.262753 INFO AppDaemon Version 2.0.0beta2 starting
2017-03-14 19:59:54.276656 INFO Apps are disabled
2017-03-14 19:59:59.467904 INFO Got initial state
2017-03-14 19:59:59.468468 INFO Starting dashboard
2017-03-14 19:59:59.487970 INFO HADashboard Started
2017-03-14 19:59:59.488506 INFO Listening on ('192.168.112.254', 5050)
2017-03-14 19:59:59.491491 INFO Connected to Home Assistant 0.37.1 

Even more puzzling, or?

If I remove the “-d” from the daemon_opts then everything is fine, except that the process does not get daemonized, of course. If I put the “-d” back (does not matter if it is first, second or third option) the error is back.

OK, so we are down to an environmental issue then.

Still sudoed to root can you run:

# pip3 show aiohttp

my new skin in this post:

Hey. Is it planned to make iframe interactiv? as i want to implement my webchat in it like this:

would like to use the chat :slight_smile:

There was a bug in the last release tha Has since been fixed - will be fully interactive in beta 3.

Any reason why I can’t have 6 rows? 5 rows work fine (1x1), as well as 5 rows with an object that is set to (2x1), but the 6th row (1x1) doesn’t show up in the interface at all.

No reason that I am aware off - post your dashboard and I’ll check it out.

Oh sure… now that I post that comment, it works… Story of my life!!!

1 Like

That sounds gorgeous to me! My chat will be usable…One thing when we already talk about widgets… if I insert widgets they are place beside the iframe instead of below. Is that a known bug? The dash file and yaml files are exactly structured like the rest.but iframe somehow seems to break the order of the widgets

did you include the right amount of spacers and empty lines?

an example:

layout:
  - iframe(5x5)
  - somewidget, someotherwidget

wont give the widgets below the iframe.
this would:

layout:
  - iframe(5x5)
  -
  -
  -
  -
  - somewidget, someotherwidget

@aimc,for those of us using Celsius over Fahrenheit, i notice that the degrees symbol is missing off the weather widget. I noticed this on another posted dashboard also. I was able to modify the widget as below, but it didnt resolve the issue. Is this an issue with my config or setup?

weather:
  widget_type: weather
  unit: "&deg;C"
#
# Main arguments, all optional
#
title: IP Cams
widget_dimensions: [122, 120]
widget_margins: [5, 5]
columns: 10

# Includes (Optional)
#
back:
    widget_type: navigate
    title: back...
    icon_inactive: fa-arrow-circle-left
    dashboard: MainPanel

pi_cam_garage:
  widget_type: iframe
  title: Surveillance Cams
  refresh: 1
  img_list:
    - http://192.168.1.28:8081

layout:
    - pi_cam_garage(8x6)
    -
    -
    -
    -
    - spacer, back

gives:

I believe I changed it to :units" for consistency. IN the next version, all the widgets will get the units directly from HA.

you are 1 line short.

iframe takes 6 lines, and you only did put 4 empty lines below it.

thanks! Other question @ReneTode : I wanna have a widged which shows me movement . like sensor.multisensor_porch_burglar_10_10 changes to 8 at movement. how coul i make this? any idea?

why the background here is not stretched? how can i set this ? sorry for noobish questions. this is my first approach to css

about your sensor:

you can put in entities in your dash just how they are.

layout:
  - sensor.multisensor_porch_burglar_10_10 

if that is satisfying, you can keep it that way.
only if you want to change appearance, titles, etc. you are gonna make a new widget.

the background can be streched in css, but how to change that ill ask on our css expert @rpitera

Thanks a lot. So the sensor would just show me “8” if motionen has been detected right`want like an icon which changes but i didnt see the way to make those. Thanks for asking for css style :slight_smile: