Announcement - HADashboard v2 Beta 2!

Hey. Is it planned to make iframe interactiv? as i want to implement my webchat in it like this:

would like to use the chat :slight_smile:

There was a bug in the last release tha Has since been fixed - will be fully interactive in beta 3.

Any reason why I canā€™t have 6 rows? 5 rows work fine (1x1), as well as 5 rows with an object that is set to (2x1), but the 6th row (1x1) doesnā€™t show up in the interface at all.

No reason that I am aware off - post your dashboard and Iā€™ll check it out.

Oh sureā€¦ now that I post that comment, it worksā€¦ Story of my life!!!

1 Like

That sounds gorgeous to me! My chat will be usableā€¦One thing when we already talk about widgetsā€¦ if I insert widgets they are place beside the iframe instead of below. Is that a known bug? The dash file and yaml files are exactly structured like the rest.but iframe somehow seems to break the order of the widgets

did you include the right amount of spacers and empty lines?

an example:

layout:
  - iframe(5x5)
  - somewidget, someotherwidget

wont give the widgets below the iframe.
this would:

layout:
  - iframe(5x5)
  -
  -
  -
  -
  - somewidget, someotherwidget

@aimc,for those of us using Celsius over Fahrenheit, i notice that the degrees symbol is missing off the weather widget. I noticed this on another posted dashboard also. I was able to modify the widget as below, but it didnt resolve the issue. Is this an issue with my config or setup?

weather:
  widget_type: weather
  unit: "°C"
#
# Main arguments, all optional
#
title: IP Cams
widget_dimensions: [122, 120]
widget_margins: [5, 5]
columns: 10

# Includes (Optional)
#
back:
    widget_type: navigate
    title: back...
    icon_inactive: fa-arrow-circle-left
    dashboard: MainPanel

pi_cam_garage:
  widget_type: iframe
  title: Surveillance Cams
  refresh: 1
  img_list:
    - http://192.168.1.28:8081

layout:
    - pi_cam_garage(8x6)
    -
    -
    -
    -
    - spacer, back

gives:

I believe I changed it to :units" for consistency. IN the next version, all the widgets will get the units directly from HA.

you are 1 line short.

iframe takes 6 lines, and you only did put 4 empty lines below it.

thanks! Other question @ReneTode : I wanna have a widged which shows me movement . like sensor.multisensor_porch_burglar_10_10 changes to 8 at movement. how coul i make this? any idea?

why the background here is not stretched? how can i set this ? sorry for noobish questions. this is my first approach to css

about your sensor:

you can put in entities in your dash just how they are.

layout:
  - sensor.multisensor_porch_burglar_10_10 

if that is satisfying, you can keep it that way.
only if you want to change appearance, titles, etc. you are gonna make a new widget.

the background can be streched in css, but how to change that ill ask on our css expert @rpitera

Thanks a lot. So the sensor would just show me ā€œ8ā€ if motionen has been detected right`want like an icon which changes but i didnt see the way to make those. Thanks for asking for css style :slight_smile:

I am no expert but try using background-size: cover;.

in the dashboard.css file?

Yes, in the body section, after the background-image: declaration.

Or you can make it part of the background: decalaration itself:

background: url(myBackgroundURL) 0 / cover fixed;

1 Like

PERFECT! Thanks 100000 times! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I just have a quick question. I have two crappy tablets ā€œTG-TEK TGH1051-BLUā€

These do not work well with the standard dashboard that HA uses. I mean it works but its choppy and can be a little frustrating and slow. Currently I use a combination of tasker and KLWP and it works pretty well and has much better response than the standard dashboard. My only issue is having to sync changes from one tablet to another is going to be a nightmare :tired_face:

I feel that HADashboard v2 could really help me in this manor but my question is regarding the speed of HADASHBOARD. Is it going to have a decent touch response or is it going to feel like the regular dashboard that HA uses.

im just trying to find out before I pour hours into setting up HADASHBOARD

make a templatesensor in HA from it.
1 that shows true(if its 8) or false(if its not 8).
from that sensor you can make a binary widget.