Announcement - HADashboard v2 Beta 2!

Thanks … that would be great.
With another home automation system that I used to table with, not only did they have this feature of returning to a “main page” after a specific amount of time (user selectable) but they also had a feature where in this case, you could send an automation to view a page and be able to keep alive for “x” period of time. So if you wanted to see the full weather screen from 7:00AM to 7:20AM so that it would be displayed as you walk passed it when you wake up, there would be a command to send out at 7am for 19 minutes and the timeout to return to “main page” would bring you back at 7:20. This could also be used for a different screen when you come home from work, let’s say display the stock market and news, and also display all the security cameras on specific triggers or part of a “good night script” … Anyway, just passing out ideas. Thanks again.

1 Like

I know there is a lot of far more important stuff going on with V2, but I’d like to make a request. I’d love it if there was a map widget that could parse sensor data and use coordinates or address to map the location of something (like a person). I’ve got a sensor in Hass that shows the city, state my parents are in (they are truckers) and I had gotten V1 set up to show that information using one of the sensor widgets, but just as text.

I do have plans to allow close integration with AppDaemon - that’s a good couple if usecases, thanks.

I’ll add it to the list - that’s a fair amount of work though.

Thanks, I can imagine it won’t be a simple one. Definitely not a priority :slight_smile:

1 Like

I absolutely love mine, I’ll be getting at least another :slight_smile:

I’ve put up a few posts about it that should cover most questions:

If you’ve any more, post them up :slight_smile:

Thanks Bit-River … good to know that it runs and seems to be a good contender for this type of application.
I will have to do a little bit of reading and look for your posts so that I can gain some knowledge. Funny … I just crowdfunded the same case this morning with a HAT on Kickstarter,

Looking forward to being able to use pictures as icons so I can get cardinals to replace the people, and baseball’s to replace the on off buttons.

3 Likes

i was trying out some stuff and then it hit me again.
it isnt gonna work as long as empty lines are needed.

layout:
  - widgeta(2x2),widgetb(2x2),widgetc(2x2)
  - 
  - widgetd(2x2),widgete(2x2),widgetf(2x2)

would work, but if i replace that with widgeta(120,120) i need 119 empty lines below it.
so if you could easily create a spacer to replace a x amount of empty lines, this would be an awsome workaround for now.

if not, we better wait until we have a better way to locate widgets.

Look at your widgetb. Should that be a comma?

thx, was a typo.
but it was an example anyway :wink:

Looks real good Chip - I know how long you wanted to get this skin together!

it is possible to group things, but it takes a layout from 800 lines :wink:

edit:
obviously that makes lots of titles obsolete, but i use those widget in other dashboards too, so i didnt want to mess them up or recreate them :wink:

1 Like

Im looking for a way to change the text size for widgets, but I dont want to do it “site wide”.
Basically I currently have a Wink Relay in my entryway with access to a browser, that I want/need to change the sizes for.

However I also plan on doing a proper tablet setup in the livingroom, which will obviously be larger than the Relay.

I came across the following link, but this looks like its going to make changes to all widgets no matter the dashboard.erb file Im loading up.

Am I missing something here, or can someone point me in the right direction to make changes to layout/widget and text sizes per dashboard?

Thanks

Hi! How did u make those small boxes (headers) for your widgets? Tried yesterday but failed. Would like having transparent boxes with text .In fact like your screenshot but transparent

Are those pop-ups also planned for slider’s and input selects? My fault I didn’t test slider’s yet but I imagine also having those popups for light cards to set colour

Hope i was a bit clear? :joy: Like in hass . To see some information of sensors or making light colour changes

He guys no interest to create a new Futtereimer for this project as This might replace the frontend for many users ?Or even new section in the community board with sub topics like showroom code snippets and feature requests to make it a bit ordered?

New feature : pattern code for dashboard .Like this it’s save against playing children :joy:

@Bill_Surowiecki you are talking about HADashboard V1.
thats a completely different program then the program we are talking about here.
this topic is about HADashboard V2.
it is a complete new program with a better setup and more possibilities.

@thundergreen i did it the way i explained before, by setting widgetsize to (1x1) on dashboard level and using layout lines like this:

- input_boolean.huiskamerverwarming(120x120),  sensor.huiskamer_box_4_1(120x120)
    -  spacer(15x5),header.woonkamer(240x30)

but like i said the complete layout is then as long as the amount of pixels in your dashboard.

As Rene says - different p[rogram.

Dashboard v2 is the spiritual successor though, and one of the things I fixed was to enable you to make each dashboard the size and shape you wanted, it’s very easy in v2.

Also, v2 has skinning and a lot of control over the widgets, so you can change text size on a per-widget basis using CSS style overrides. When you clone the repository it is all explained in the docs.