-webkit-border-radius: 37px;
    -moz-border-radius: 37px;
    border-radius: 5px;}
    icon_inactive: fa-magic
    dashboard: Lighteffects

GOT IT!!!

light_effects:
    widget_type: navigate
    widget_style: "-webkit-border-radius: 5px; -moz-border-radius: 5px; border-radius: 5px;"
    border-radius: 5px;}
    icon_inactive: fa-magic
    dashboard: Lighteffects

Wanna have one Widget different than the others… How would i make this?

if you mean the HA frontend as regular dashboard then i can tell you that HADashboard cant be quicker in response.

there are 2 possible ways to describe quick response.

1. you touch the screen and you see the change on the screen
  2. you touch the screen and you see the lights go on.

the first has to do with the webpage and the way that your tablet can react. that could be a little better, but i dont expect a real big difference.

the second one is the speed that the tablet gives the command to the HA server and the speed that HA acts on that.
most probably the reaction from HA is the most important factor in that.

so the first thing you should ask is: is there also a speedproblem when you use your PC in stead of the tablet.
if it is just your tablet that gives the speedproblem, then it could be that Dashboard gives you a better performance, because the HA frontend loads a lot more. the Dashboard could be a much smaller webfile and so the problem for the tablet could be less.

2 Likes

just lose the unnecesary part :wink:

border-radius and dashboard are to much.

yeah its the actual dashboard UI that gives me issues. When i click things in it and it actually presses then the response with lights and appliances is fine. So the actual time on is no issue at all. Its the actual experience with the tablet.

For instance if I click on the arrow to expand and retract the sidebar that part is choppy (this is where I notice it the most)

and you have no preblems with that on the PC?
then its probably the graphical interface and/or the browser on your tablet.

using HAdashboard could be a lot better for you. IF you keep it as simple as possible.
so i would try it without skins at first in your case.

1 Like

any idea how i can shrink the box here `?

want it fits to the content

sorry i dont understand what you want.
which box do you want to shrink?

the only way to shrink widgets is to set the widget size smaller.
in your dash you have something like:

widget_dimensions: [120, 120]
widget_margins: [5, 5]
columns: 4
layout:
  - widget1(3x1),spacer,widget2(3x1)
  - widgeta,widgetb,widgetc,spacer,widgetd,widgete,widgetf

you could change that to:

widget_dimensions: [120, 60]
columns: 4
layout:
  - widget1(3x1),spacer,widget2(3x1)
  - widgeta(1,2),widgetb(1,2),widgetc(1,2),spacer,widgetd(1,2),widgete(1,2),widgetf(1,2)

Looks like you are using the Title attribute there - if you create a label widget and set the TEXT filed it should be more centered, then if you want it smaller you can use Rene’s method.

can i make this

for single widgets?

nope, only for all widgets, thats why i gave you the example for the solution to make other widgets bigger again.

on the wishlist is to set location and widgetsize on widgetlevel, but that could take a while before Andrew can get to such a development.

As a sort of compromise, it would be relatively easy to let you set something like:

default_widget: 1x2

Then you would only need to add additional info to the widgets whose size you are changing. I can get that in much sooner than Rene’s wish to position everything to the exact pixel :slight_smile:)

If that sounds like a good idea I will add it to the list.

that would make a big step in the right direction.
and because you can also change the spacer size with spacer(5x3) (if im correct)
then you can have a lot more flexibility then at this moment.

1 Like

OK, I added it to the list - it is a very small change actually as I currently hard code (1x1) if no size is present - I’ll just change that to an optional parameter in the dash. I’ll get you something to test soon :slight_smile:

1 Like

Sorry Andrew, had to go the other day. If you still remember, here is what pip3 show aiohttp gives
Name: aiohttp
Version: 1.2.0
Summary: http client/server for asyncio
Home-page: https://github.com/KeepSafe/aiohttp/
Author: Andrew Svetlov
Author-email: [email protected]
License: Apache 2
Requires: multidict, yarl, async-timeout, chardet

thanks for your help
tom

How about a different approach? Since you are on Ubuntu, you could use systemd to run it - that’s what I do. I’m in a rush at the moment and can;t remember the exact steps but you might be able to google it and look at the example for Home Assistant and adapt it. There is a sample systemd file in the startup directory.

thought about that myself also
ok I’ll install systemd.
Thanks for your help again.

cheers
tom