Announcement: HADashboard v2 Beta3!

Yep, agreed. Will fix.

I’ll be putting out a second push ov beta 3 to fix theses little issues in the next day or so.

Sorry, there is not a better way to figure it out other than me going back in time and documenting every change which I will try to do moving forward. Mostly now it should just be straight additions for new widgets which should be easy to figure out. this time around I did some reorganization and rewriting of widgets which resulted in these changes.

The format of some of ther variables changed between b2 and b3 - turboc kindly listed them in a post above here so you need to change and in some cases add new variables to your skin to keep track with the changes I made.

Did you see any errors in the actual widgets or on the dashboard?

If I well understood. Theres actually no “popup” for lights to set color and brightness right?

is there any way to set different background pic for each dasboard?.. Sorry for those nooobish questins :slight_smile:

Thinking about the text for the media player. How about making it something that we could pick from the state display in HA.

DirecTv:
widget_type: media_player
entity: media_player.den_directv
title: DirecTv
media_title: media_title

that way you could customize it based on the type of media_player you have. For my TV media_content_id and media_title happen to be the same. But for others media_title may not be the right thing to include.

I get the errors in the console, and the items in the includes do not show up on the actual dashboard.

Not yet - It’s one of the main reasons I started down this path though - watch this space![quote=“thundergreen, post:26, topic:14504, full:true”]
is there any way to set different background pic for each dasboard?.. Sorry for those nooobish questins
[/quote]

No - currently you would need a different skin to do that.

That is certainly doable - but I would like to gather more info first. Changing to media title seems like the right thing to do -0 It didn’t matter on sonos but looking at it now it’s an obvious mistake on my part. If folks have trouble with that we can make the change.

Thanks. will stick into that then :slight_smile: I just copy folders. name them according to my dashboards and then i will use the skin option in navigate widget :slight_smile:

Hmm, I was hoping for some clue - seems weird that I didn’t show any kind of error message. I’ll dig into the code and see what might be going on. Did you have this setup and running in the previous beta? Could it be a permissions issue with the files perhaps?

I had this setup running on my previous SD Card as late as last night. It was on v2 b2 and was an upgrade from v2 b1. I never had v1 installed. I can try to recreate the entire thing tonight and see if anything is different (which will rule out permission issues).

I try this now:

test:
    widget_type: sensor
    entity: zwave.fibaro_system_fgrgbwm441_rgbw_controller_16

cant see result as i am not home. Will kepp u posted :slight_smile:

The only errors I get are in the actual web display. The first time I load the dashboard, I see:

Your Dashboard has the following errors:

header_vertical: Error while loading dashboard './conf/dashboards/./conf/dashboards/header_vertical.yaml'
nav_vertical_main: Error while loading dashboard './conf/dashboards/./conf/dashboards/nav_vertical_main.yaml'

It’s like it’s trying to add the directory twice, since the dashboards are actually in ./conf/dashboards.

Where do you find this text? I’ve been looking…

OK, that error relates specifically to an error opening the file which makes sense, I have changed the message to be more explicit. I think this nay be going wrong because you have a relative path for dash_dir in appdaemon.cfg - you can remove it entirely if that is the same directory as your configdir, or use an absolute path if it isn’t.

When I click on the media player widget, shouldn’t it turn on the media player? It’s not.

DASHBOARD.md in the top level of the repository.

1 Like

It should, when you click on the play button …

If it isn’t can you grab logs from Home Assistant at the time you click it so I can see what is going wrong?