Announcement: HADashboard v2 Beta3!

Inappropriate wording has to cause a ban .we can’t accept those wordings , in this case even a non native English speaker can’t mix-up those vocabularies at all. Bit before becoming a political term here I would highly appreciate to ban those users directly in the future

1 Like

you can add javascripts to your skins.
so if you make a custom skin you could add a javascript that looks if motion is detected and then switch to another dashboard.
and also that if it is a certain dashboard (cam) then switch to another after 5 mins.

thats the only way at this moment.

thank you Rene will surely check it out.

1 Like

If you got thos working … can u share this as this is exaclty what i am looking for :slight_smile: But unfortunately I’m not a coder

remember it has to be part of a skin, the motion detector has to be hardcoded in the code as well as the names from the dashboards.
so you have to do some coding in any case :wink:

let’s called this “adapting” to my settings :slight_smile:

I am OK with this… if I see the code I can understand how to adapt.

1 Like

This looks like a problem with your app_dir setting - what do you have it set to?

As I’m using it as a dashboard-only, I had app_dir commented, and disabled apps:

[AppDaemon]
ha_url = http://ha-ip:8123
ha_key = ha-key
logfile = STDOUT
errorfile = STDERR
threads = 10
dash_url = http://dash-ip:5050
#app_dir = /home/dani/appdaemon/conf/apps
disable_apps = 1

does it require to be set anyway?

It shouldn’t be necessary, but I think the problem is that you need:

disable_apps: '1'

Note the quotes around the 1 - let me know if that helps.

With my conf, I see a “Apps are disabled” at AD start, so I think it’s caching up right the command, but I will try with the quotes and let you know.

This doesn’t happen in my latest dev version so I have probably fixed it without realizing. If you still have problems it should be fixed in the next beta.

If you can;t wait for that and you are confident using GIT you could try a pull from the appdash branch to grab the very latest dev version.

As this is the first time I am aware of this type of thing happening and the user deleted the post immediately, I’m not going to override what @aimc has already addressed. The poster knows that they are under scrutiny at this point and if there is another infraction, the mods will suspend the account and discuss a ban. I think that it has to be done in a democratic fashion in keeping with the standards already established here by the code of conduct.

OK - no more of that nastiness, let’s move on. :slight_smile: I just wanted to address your post.

i am also not a coder just trying it… I got a temp solution and got it working using join notification and tasker :slight_smile: . I am stuck on other problem. My access token of camera changes on restart and i have to change it in HADashboard. I am using the config like -

foscam:
    widget_type: camera
    title: Surveillance Cam
    refresh: 1
    entity_picture: 
          - http://192.168.0.111:8123/api/camera_proxy/camera.outdoor_camera?token=xxx&api_password=xxx

is there any other way to display camera without token

Not currently unless you can figure out the direct URL of your camera and use that. At some point I will have the dash pick up the URL automatically, but at that point I will need to start keeping your api_password somewhere in the browser config which I am wary of due to the security implications.

How about using a database to store it. Have it passed in through the config once and store it in the database. Then remove it or “xxx” it out in the config file. You could change the password in the database by including it in the config file again.

1 Like

I kinda like this idea. It would be nice to either do that or use !secret like in HA. Then we can remove the api password from the cfg file as well. Something that may be easier to do with the latest build we are testing do to some changes. :wink:

You don’t need to specify the api password and the token, either will do. The purpose of the token is to allow external access without exposing your api password.

Using the below url should work just fine if you are OK with exposing your api password.

http://192.168.0.111:8123/api/camera_proxy/camera.outdoor_camera?api_password=xxx

Thanks got it working like this :slight_smile:

Good to know - I’ll amend the docs.

So if I’m using hassbian image on a rp3, what is the installation steps I should be following? Do I just do the manual Installation directions found here? HADashboard Installation Instructions