Announcement: HADashboard v2 Beta3!

I do, but I am not using it for HADashboard, for now it is internal only for me.

I am planning some work to improve Docker support but not until after the beta - our resident expert @quadportnick ill be helping me.

iā€™m happy to help test too.

and if i come up with a creative solution to my problem iā€™ll put in a merge.

1 Like

I had problem with both 0.0.0.0 and the domain name, and had to resort to using the local ip in the config. I can connect there with the domain just fine, but if I have the domainname set in the dash_url I get a java error (Error getting state, check Java Console for details), and can see this in the java console:

Cross-Origin Request Blocked: The Same Origin Policy disallows reading the remote resource at http://192.168.1.4:5050/state/sensor.yr_temperature. (Reason: CORS header 'Access-Control-Allow-Origin' missing).  (unknown)
  ... more of the same, one error per entity used ...
NS_ERROR_FAILURE: Component returned failure code: 0x80004005 (NS_ERROR_FAILURE) [nsIInterfaceRequestor.getInterface]  network-monitor.js

are you running in docker?

I think that we need to split the listener config and whatever host/usl/ip that it uses to generate the links in the templates.

There are a couple of issues really - one is SSL Certificates and the requirement to use the real hostname, also mapping IP addresses in and out of the container. When I initially built HADashboard I wasnā€™t thinking much about the second, and I can improve on that.

iā€™m looking through the conf.py and some of the dashboard.py, Iā€™m wondering if I can specify a different dash_url vs the path I want the template to build when it generates itā€™s links and api calls

perhaps set dash_net and dash_url separately?

Me? No, normal AiO installation, appdaemon in its own virtualenv.

I am still having issues getting some URLs to work in the iframe widget. some work, some just come up blank. Is there any reason why some work and some donā€™t. I have made sure they are all non-ssl to just eliminate that as an issue, but still not working.

My solution (after searching for forever) was to modify the appdash.py file before building the docker container as outlined in Announcement: HADashboard v2 Beta!. In my appdaemon.cfg file I have the following: dash_url = http://controller.DOMAIN:5050 which is resolves to my Docker hostā€™s LAN ip.

Of the ones that come up blank, are they public URLs or something internal to your network.

If public, could you list a few examples?

the ones that i want to use are internal, but i canā€™t even get it to work for www.google.com

I made the changes by just adding the configuration options for the webserver host and port, just verified in my docker-ized version and it works as expected, behind nginx.

Iā€™ll clean up my code and put in some error checking/docs, and toss in the pull request.

and you say no offence in front of that?
what the hell hass a dashboard to do with genocide?

1 Like

I have no idea what you mean or are implying here but the language you used is emotive and has no place here. As the originator of this thread and a Moderator I am asking you to avoid this kind of language in future, thank you.

1 Like

I just build my own first App and now it works fine ā€¦ just to let you know.

2 Likes

Andrew and Rene are correct. Truly offensive and uncalled for. As another moderator, this kind of speech will get you banned. Iā€™ll chalk this up to a momentary lapse of reason, but please donā€™t let it happen again.

Is there anyway i can switch dashboards when motion is detected and then switch it back to main dash after 5 mins. I have 2 dashboard one with all the sensors and 1 with the outside camera display. Can any one guide if it is possible.

@aimc , did you saw my error log ? I canā€™t restart HA without restart AD after, because it doesnā€™t reconnect by itself.