Announcement: HADashboard v2 Beta3!

That makes no sense as it makes assumptions about where you are running stuff - e.g. files would have to be local to the browser whcih in most cases is a tablet

Very easy to do, I added it to the list

Why can;t you use a text or label widget and set the font size small?

1 Like

Of the 3 I prefer 2 because it can give you a lot of flexibility in text formatting (all of HTML at your disposal) and it is a 1 line change :slight_smile:

i think he means local for appdash.
so like: custom_css/skin/img/anyfile.htm

That would make more sense, but that is pretty close to what the iframe widget does already, I could add the ability to put files in a special directory then reference them from the IFRAME widget I suppose

Bingo. It’s getting scary now. @ReneTode understands me.

It gives me a way to pickup somewhat dynamic text like a message of the day (motd) or weather alert or something and include it in the loop of web pages being run through.

I could move my weatherAlert app over to the dash AppDaemon and let it build the file every 15 minutes or so. That way if there is a weather issue or maybe a breaking news issue, It could come up on the iframe.

1 Like

i tested it.
i used

- /images/test.html

in the iframe and did put the file in assets/images

that works.

Ok then, so it’s based off of the assets directory. My thought is that the assets directory is one that is core to ADD so I probably shouldn’t be creating files in there. It would be nice if we could reference it back a little so we could use the dashboards directory or a directory under there where it’s meant for the standard home admin to use, vs a place that only Andrew should be playing with the files.

1 Like

you can create your own dir in the custom_css directory.
i just tested that and that works also.

so you can use /custom_css/myweatherfiles/weather.html

Exactly - same reason I added a directory for CSS files and will for widgets. I suspected images would work already but was keeping it quiet for tha very reason.

The good news is it’s also just a few lines to do this, although you can do it in HASS already as well.

1 Like

i guess to keep me away from unwanted places you have to start encrypting things :stuck_out_tongue:
or just keep saying to me: “Reneetje, dont do that!!”

1 Like

You wouldn’t listen to me if I did :wink:

1 Like

i know, i am a bad kid :wink:

1 Like

You are an Alpha tester, you are supposed to break things and figure out what works so Andrew can fix it so it either keeps you out, or gives you the functionality in a way that protects his app. LOL

2 Likes

it helps being an alpha tester.
now i just say what i want and he creates it before i break things :wink:

only once in a while i just am a bit impatient or just trying to find out what i want, and then i get into trouble :wink:

1 Like

Ok,
Happens that we are under a severe thunderstorm watch. So here is an example using Rene’s method of what I want to do.

Yes I need to resize it and every two or three minutes it will switch to another url for a motd, or breaking news, etc.
Otherwise I would be asking you to make it not show up and everything else to move migrate up to fill in the empty space if it’s empty.

Moving stuff and making it disappear is a whole other ball of wax. Sounds like you need more of a persistent notification?

i am just getting a wild idea.

would it be possible?

if somehow a dashboard file is changed, the dashboard gets recompiled automaticly and the opened dashboard (in a browser) gets updated automaticly.

that way we could create apps that rearrange widgets based upon events or statechanges.

edit: by the way this topic is in the wrong group.

When you press the reload widget, it re-compiles that dashboard. Couldn’t that react to a state change like the other widgets like lights and switches do. It would just be a custom AD state change and HA wouldn’t care about it.

But now you are also talking about creating dynamic dashboards which could be very interesting since it’s basically the same logic Andrew is having to use to build the layout based on the layout that would be required to build the layout based on our logic.

But its also kind of what I did with the app that generates dashboards based off of HA group membership.

i tried a single iframe refreshing like this:

title: Test iframe dashboard
widget_dimensions: [1, 1]
widget_margins: [0, 0]
columns: 1010

iframe:
    widget_type: iframe
    refresh: 30
    url_list: 
      - http://192.168.178.26:5050/dash_main_grouped_tablet?skin=lightgrey

layout:
    - iframe(1010x580)

but it seems like its not refreshing. could that be because there is no change on the page?

precision:1 doesnt give 20,0 but 20