Announcing beta testing of the official Home Assistant for iOS app!

Any idea when the app might make it into the App Store?

in the version i can’t force my location anymore. i also don’t see the button for maps. I have an iPhone 7 since 2 days.

Is this open source?

@rmarinho Currently not.

Why? And is there any intents to be? Btw is this iOS only?

I m writing a a small sdk to talk with home assistant from c#, with that i could try to build a cross platform solution for iOS, Android, UWP and MacOS… I think this would be a good candidate for Xamarin.Forms app .

I think a open source version of this will help to provide more interfaces for particular components.

Any .NET developers around ?

(disclaimer i work there) :slight_smile:

I have submitted the form at least two times. Any reason I have not gotten an invite yet?

Please check your email for something from TestFlight. So far everyone who has signed up as of last week has been invited, minus less than 10 people who had totally invalid information submitted.

oh man I evidently missed the email back in June sorry.

You were invited awhile ago. Look for an email from TestFlight.

Hey Robbie, could you send out another wave of invites? I’m eager to try out the iOS app for presence detection and ease of control.

I also was trying to get another invite accepted. I sent the email in a PM.

I expect a round of invites to go out with the new build I plan to push tomorrow after 0.31 is released with the iOS components.

Build is still coming, promise! Just hit delays because of external forces. Hoping to push one tonight, but if not it will be tomorrow.

Build is out.

Hi Robbie, hoping I’m not too late here, I’ve just signed up minutes ago but suspect you may have already sent out the next wave of invites :frowning: Any chance you still have any slots open?

Regards,
Cam

I just signed up as well. Not much experience with these things but I figure here is something I actually can do to help (if needed).

Just signed up as well.

Any idea if this app will be able to work if my HA server is behind Tor?

Filled form!
I want to try :wink: thanks!!!

No, as there is no Tor support on iOS last I checked.