Announcing MQTT/Android bridging app: Zanzito. Beta testers wanted!

Not that I know of. When I go to battery I get this

I don’t have any apps that would change that setting either.

Not sure it’s a power saving issue though even with my phone turned on and walking around nothing is changing. But if I turn zanzito off and back on by tapping the dragonfly it reports just fine. It just doesn’t seem to do it automatically.

Ok, it might depend on how you setup the updates in Zanzito: FIND updates go with all other updates, instantly if you selected so, or at every heartbeat at the interval you indicated.

In the Mqtt connection settings I have instant, and heartbeat checked. And interval is set at 90.

I even turned on High precision to see if that would work.

I also still can’t scan properly. Like I said the find app works fine at sending the aps to the find server but zanzito doesn’t even seem to start scanning it just pops up the notification and doesn’t do anything from there.

Is “only when at home” checked?

If I understood well:

• FIND is enabled
  • You inserted a group name
  • It does send updates if you restart
  • You managed to learn at least once with Zanzito

We could try something, if you’re will to do so: you could connect to test.mosquitto.org without username and password (and without TLS) and activate “Remote administration”: I could see your current preferences from remote and have a direct check. I’ll be available in the next hour.

EDIT: send me a PM if you’re on test.mosquitto.org :wink:

Is “only when at home” checked?

yes

If I understood well:

• FIND is enabled
  • You inserted a group name
  • It does send updates if you restart
  • You managed to learn at least once with Zanzito

all yes

We could try something, if you’re will to do so: you could connect to test.mosquitto.org without username and password (and without TLS) and activate “Remote administration”: I could see your current preferences from remote and have a direct check. I’ll be available in the next hour.

sorry i didnt catch you last night but im available whenever you are. Just let me know when you have a chance to take a look again and ill get everything setup for it.

Can this replace Owntracks? E.g. report position to the HASS map?

I currently run Owntracks on my phone and would like to avoid extra apps

yea you dont have to use owntracks with this but you can if you want. It has the option to report as if it is owntracks. So if you wanted home assistant to think owntracks is reporting to it you can do so.

Anyone else having an issue with the FIND integration? I have my FIND server setup and tested working with the official FIND app. But zanzito doesn’t want to auto update my position. If I click the dragonfly to restart the connection the location gets sent to the server without issue. But the heartbeats, manually sending reports, and waiting don’t seem to work. I only get a new location sent if I just wake my phone or restart zanzito.

Since it’s tracking my position properly with the official find app I’m pretty sure it’s not my phone or FIND server creating the issue.

I’ve tried multiple devices with all of the exact same results. I’ve tried

2x LG Stylo
Galaxy S5
Galaxy S5
Nexus 7 2012
Nexus 7 2013

They all have the exact same problem.

Thanks for send on shake :). Regarding “send on shake” is it possible to configure the “strength of the shake” (light, medium, strong and also maybe duration of shaking short, medium, long). What about fliping the phone, and what about proximity sensor? :slight_smile:

Where is it in the settings?

Edit

I see now in activities. Means only one activity can have it or multiple?

ehehe, we’ll see :wink: they’re in my list, but that kind of detailed management requires a lot of user interface work…

Yes Claudio, you can associate only one activity to the shake gesture: you could setup a scene in HA and trigger it with the action associated to the shaking, if you need multiple actions.

Sorry, not sure if there is a better place for bug reports but I just experienced a small one and wanted to pass it on.

I’ve been using the app for quite a while now and have not had any real issues to speak of. However, just today I noticed a second notification from Zanzito. It stated I only had 100 or so minutes left in demo mode. However, I had already purchased the full version. When I went to the Unlock option in the side bar it stated that I had already purchased it. The notification would dismiss, but come back a minute later. I quit the app and restarted it and had the same problem. The issue only went away after I rebooted my phone. That seems to have corrected the issue.

Unfortunately only after the reboot did I think to try and check the logs to see if they indicated anything useful. I’ll try to remember if it happens again.

Hi, probably that was due to a temporary communication problem with the Play store, nothing to worry about. I’m sorry tough about the confusion :slight_smile:
I’ll have a look and see if I can do something about it.

In case of future problems, requests, etc. here is the official Zanzito’s support forum or, maybe it’s faster, Zanzito’s Telegram chat group.
gl

I’m sorry, there was an oversight on my part. Thanks to @IKROWNI’s help, it seems to be solved now!

the fix will be included in the next release.

How is everyone handling multiple users with multiple rooms?

For example when i walk into my office the lights, fan, and tv all turn on and when i walk out they turn off. I love it :slight_smile:

But if im in my office and my wife walks in and then i walk out everything turns off on her. I know im probably going to have to use a condition but how would i write it “and if X X or X is not office”

EDIT: I asked this over on the homeassistant reddit as well with a little more detail of the question

Trying to set this up with cloudmqtt but keeps saying can’t connect (failed to connect).
I tried all ports (ssl, tls and websockets) but none work.
How can I get this working please?

Hey, @PuckStar - always good to see you! I just got a new category made for Zanzito in Third Party Integrations. Could you post this there? I’d like to close this thread since it’s out of beta now and a release announcement was made.

Thanks!

1 Like

Closing this thread as there is a new category in Third Party Integrations set up for this app now that it is released.

2 Likes