Announcing MQTT/Android bridging app: Zanzito. Beta testers wanted!

I’ve created new report and now I’m receiving my indoor location

1 Like

both in MQTT server in pi3 and MQTT server in FIND, I don’t see nothing in topic subscribed … mygroup/#

maybe it will show only changes?

You should see at least on your broker messages every 30 seconds from zanzito in format yourgroup/track/yourdevicename

I see it zanzito. Not in pi3 mosquitto, not in FIND mosquitto

EDIT. There was a mistype in my config. I adjusted it now.

One ppoint @MrMep after you put the LEARN location, how do you stop the LEARNING process? It seems it stays on, whuch is wrong if you move with your smartphone around, no?

Now it updates on the FIND MQTT server.

But not in my pi3 mosquitto server … strange

You just tap the notification.

in configuration is this correct? the [0] should be present?

value_template: '{{ value_json.users.mi5splus[0].location }}'

I see the Zanzito messages in FIND MQTT server, not in my pi3 MQTT mosquitto server

I’ve not added template sensor in my hass with location from find

If zanzito is reporting location to FIND and you want to cross check the location, add a report to zanzito like
type JSON name current location topic <group>/location/<device name> Android notification <True> key location

To show FIND location in HA
Create a new sensor
- platform: mqtt state_topic: '<group>/location/<device name>' name: <name_of_sensor> value_template: '{{ value_json.location }}'

To use this on automations like light switching, the location reporting has to be instantaneous. Setting zanzito to report every second drains the battery very quickly.
I am using Room+ app to do the location reporting with very minimal impact on battery.

Have you found a way to integrate it into HA device tracking? I suspect we might need to update the MQTT JSON device tracker to accept the location key…

Do you have any suggestion that could solve this problem?

gl

Just setup all.
Looks nice

3 Likes

Can you disclose your code?

For card and sensors?

Nice app. Have been playing around with it for the last day or so and just purchased the full version.

Any chance you can add iBeacon/Eddystone support? This would let me get rid of OwnTracks altogether.

1 Like

Thanks! Added to my TODO list, but it will take a while I’m afraid :slight_smile:

I’d be interested on how the integration between Room+ and Tasker is done and I think Zanzito is also in the mix to send MQTT messages to Home-assistant?

@MrMep

In the manual, it says zanzito can receive photo using this topic zanzito/<your-device-name>/photonotification. But how is the payload if I want to send a snapshot from my IPCAM? It has username and password. Any sample?

Have you tried using the notifier component? See the last usage example, would it work for you?

I know that works. But I prefer using the mqtt.publish method because it’s​ simpler for my automation. It will publish to topic using the value from %devicename%. If using the notifier component, I need to create the notify entity first for every devices.

Hello MrMep. Can we have notifier component that will accept device name as parameter in service call?
Something like this:

- service: notify.my_device
  data:
    title: 'Message title'
    device: 'Device name'

This will make life easier.