Announcing MQTT/Android bridging app: Zanzito. Beta testers wanted!

It should be your group followed by /#
Group without <>

Ok, now to see if it works I should subscribe in a new REPORT in Zanzito with topic

mygroup/location/myuser

correct?

I did, and nothing shows

No, go to your location config in zanzito activate FIND and add your group

Ok, I did this, and now …?

The report is still not showing.
Besides, if in Zanzito I click LEARN, put my location, click OK, does nothing. IIf I reclick location, my previously input location disappeared, not sure if its a bug or is correct so

I’m stuck with this too. I see that zanzito reports data but do not process responses from FIND. If you connect to your broker you’ll see responses with your location

you mean to connect with a MQTT client to the pi3 mosquitto server?

But with which topic, this one?
mygroup/location/myuser

Regarding learning. After location input zanzito will start send data to find. You’ll see it in notification area. To stop learning just tap on notification.

Yes. That’s right.

this I do not see. In FIND website I see last message from the FIND Android APP learn

also I do not understand Zanzito which users use: devicename?

username is the GROUP or the USER?

It a group

Do you see anything in zanzito log in outgoing section?

I see this
mygroup/track/mydevice

with some long code. ot sure if its related to FIND (probably is)

also
mygroup/learn/mydevice/mylocation

but if I click on the FIND website dashboard, and I click on TRACK … I just get the last track from when I updated my track in FIND Android app (and the USER I have in the android app, which is different from mydevice name in Zanzito)

maybe we should change the USER in the FIND APP as to be the devicename of ZANZITO app?

EDIT. No, I changed the USER in FIND app, to be the same as in ZANZITO app … but in FIND web dashboard, onbly receives data from FIND android app (not Zanzito)

Could you connect to find mqtt broker with mqtt client and see if it gets messages from your broker
BTW did you restart your broker after reconfig

Do you see same messages in your broker?

just to make sure I am not mistaken:
using a generic MQTT client to connect to the mosquitto pi3 server, and subscribe to
mygroup/location/myuser
mygroup/learn/mydevice/mylocation
mygroup/track/mydevice

?

Yes. Subscribe to your group/#
Than same but connect to FIND MQTT server