Another Danalock v3 config. Thread

Ive searched and read around the forum for solutions. I have yet to discover a fix for how to controll the lock from HA. I want to use automations to set if the door should be locked or not.

At this point I somehow have managed to pair Dana and HA because I can see the lock in UI, but nothing happens when I fire commands…

Any walkthrough?

Btw, the autounlock, autolock and even the widget doesnt work either. Is product just pure shit?

Thank you guys!

1 Like

I have no problems, i see status in the app, and lock/unlock works from within HA.

Did you upgrade the danalock firmware? - that solves many z-wave related problems.

Also did you set up the lock in the app (where you learn the app how much the lock turns one way to lock, and how much the other way to unlock) without this your lock dosent have any status to HA about locked or unlocked.

Forgot to mention that the manual lock/unlock functions in the app works ok. I have tried to update firmwire and it said this was up to date…

Maybe you can tell me step by step how you did it?

Follow this guid for upgrade.:

Remember to do the auto calibration, if the calibration is completed HA shows status if the lock is manually locked/unlocked.

I have followed that guide(for android) and i have poushed the download button on the top left corner in the app. it says updated to latest… the lock is also calibrated…

And you have the z-wave sucurity key in place any you confiig?

network_key: ?

sorry, but i have no clue what you mean :frowning:

this is all i have in my config:

zwave:
usb_path: /dev/ttyACM0

Edit:
after googling network_key my config looks like this:’

zwave:
network_key: “0xC1, 0xB5, 0x66, 0xC4, 0x49, 0x15, 0xF4, 0x57, 0x43, 0x0D, 0x10, 0x11, 0x99, 0xA1, 0xDB, 0x34”

and i have added secure node. still no change.

What I have done:

• updated firmware
  • calibrated
  • network_key
  • add secure
  • heal network

What devices do you see in Hass, after adding the lock?

Hi, my danalock is also not working, I have installed danalock firmware 0.8.2

I see this Info in my device,

Someone have a good hints how to make it ? Please.

To add another voice with the same issue as others people in this thread: I have just bought the Danalock V3 for Bluetooth and Z-wave for my garage back door. It works fine with the Danalock App itself, but I bought the device with Z-wave to use it with Home Assistant.

What I have tried:
I updated the lock to the latest firmware (0.9.6) and followed the inclusion instructions from Danalock: I used “Add node secure” in HA’s Z-wave control panel and then activated the inclusion mode on the lock.
My system involves a “Z-Wave.me ZME_UZB1” USB stick in my Raspberry Pi 3 - currently with Hassio 0.80.1 and it works fine with different Z-wave Plus-devices such as a couple of Aeotec Multisensor 6 and Fibaro Smoke Sensors etc.

I have tried different approaches to secure inclusion: Initiating Z-wave from the Danalock App and initiating with the physical ‘click in the device’s pin whole’-approach. I have tried holding the lock 10 cm from the Z-wave controller (the Pi with the UZB1) when adding the lock. No matter what I get the following:

• The Z-wave entity called “zwave.polycontrol_danalock_v3_btze” (and btw: this entity is always ready)
  • Two HA-sensor entities called “sensor.polycontrol_danalock_v3_btze_alarm_level” and “sensor.polycontrol_danalock_v3_btze_alarm_type”
  • A HA-lock entity called “lock.polycontrol_danalock_v3_btze_locked”

I do however not get these two entities seen in the above screenshot from djeclemen: “sensor.polycontrol_danalock_v3_btze_access_control” and “sensor.polycontrol_danalock_v3_btze_sourcenodeid”

The sensors I get does not seem to communicate with the Danalock at all. I cannot control the lock itself with the HA-lock entity called “lock.polycontrol_danalock_v3_btze_locked” and the entity does not update locked/unlocked status when the App is used to lock/unlock the lock. Furthermore the Z-wave entity reflects 100% battery - even though the App says around 60% (maybe due to the always ready Z-wave connection?).

I have contacted Danalock support, but for now they have just asked me if my system supports “secure classes” and “door lock” parameters.

Hello. I am really sorry. I got this working, but never bothered to write down how I managed to do it… Now I am back to square one, because my hole system failed and I have to build it again. so now I am stuck on the damn lock again. I have a vague memory of setting the lock in inclusion mode and toggling “set usercode” or “get usercode”, but this does not seem to do the trick now…

SOLUTION:

1. You need to have this in your config. file:
zwave:
  network_key: "0x04, 0x03, 0x01, 0x07, 0x09, 0x06, 0x05, 0x02, 0x09, 0x0A, 0x0B, 0x0C, 0x0D, 0x0E, 0x0F, 0x10"

You can probably just copy that network key.

1. Put the lock in inclusion mode. Either by the switch on the lock or with the Danalock app

2. You need to “add node secure”. You do this under “Configuration” and “Z-Wave Network Management” Remember to push “heal network” afterwords.

3. You need to toggle “get_usercode” Do this under “Developer tools” and “Services”. This step also requires inclusion mode.

4. Calibrate the lock using the Danalock app if necessary. Maybe upgrade firmware

Thank you for responding. Exactly how do you toggle “get_usercode”? With the service on the lock-entity?
If that is the case: With a data like the following?
{
“node_id”: “51”,
“code_slot”: “1”
}
?

Do you initiate inclusion with a single click in the pin hole on the lock itself or via the Danalock App?

And a last question: What firmware version do you run on the lock?

I got an issue since devs removed auto heal the lock shows dead after a while .manually open or close beings it back to normal.somwone else facing this ?

I’ve followed the 5-step (ish) way here: My Danalock v3 Z-Wave Configuration 5. Step Solution
And that worked perfectly.
Used the Z-wave integration in the UI, added the lock secure, and sent the JSON via the service call.
I did notice that I had to make extra sure that there were good enough connection, I had the AEOTEC stick inside the rack, and had to place it on the outside to have a reliable connection.