Another Heating Control

do you have the full blueprint available with this?

• alias: Nest Eco When Away
    trigger:

• platform: state
      entity_id: group.family
      to: ‘not_home’
      for:
      minutes: 10

action:

• service: climate.set_preset_mode
      data:
      entity_id: climate.nest
      preset_mode: ‘eco’
    • service: notify.mobile_app_my_phone
      data:
      title: “Nest Set to Eco”

Nice blueprint.

I have 10 temperature (Aqara Temp and Humidity) sensors from Homey synced through MQTT which is not in the dropdown list over available sensors. Any idea why?
They are available everywhere else, it seems like theire accepted if I write in the entity id.

check if the device_class off the sensors is ‘temperature’

Thanks. The payload from Homey did not include the device class.
Added device class in costomize.yaml and they’re showing up.

1 Like

Hi,

It seems that, for generic thermostats at least, it requires a climate.turn_on as well as a climate.set_temperature in order for it to actually enable.

In my case, it sets the temperature but doesn’t enable the climate entity itself.

EDIT: Created a fork with the mentioned fix and it worked: Home Assistant Blueprint For Heating · GitHub

1 Like

Hi.

Thanks for the nice blueprint. I’ve forked it and adjusted it to my needs.

• no common presence detection anymore. As when I go shopping in the winter I don’t want to have the house cool fully down. Same for wakeup in the morning when presence detection did not take place
  • instead of user-1 user-2, I use groups

If you want you can try it out:

2 Likes

Do you take feature requests?

1. Ability to add sensors for measuring the external temperature as well.
  2. Ability to add multiple heating sources, which would be triggered depending on the outside temperature, measured by the sensors from the first point. For a temperature range from 0 to 20 C for example, use the heat pump. For temperatures below 0, use the gas furnace.
  3. Ability to set an upper temperature range and if that’s exceeded, turn on an AC.

your free to do with the blueprint what you want, so import the blueprint and make it to your liking.

I can’t do feature requests because i have to do it for everyone.

If I had any possibility of doing so myself, I wouldn’t be here making feature requests.

What does this mean with the possibility?

I can recommend trial and error. This is how I did it. Does not work? Tweak it! Does work? Be happy. Also the learning effect this way is pretty good…

1 Like

As I was not satisfied, I implemented some other stuff I considered to be useful.

Now we have

• Group presence detection
  • Group delayed presence detection (e.g if you leave the house to go shopping and you won’t have your house cool down)
  • Window Sensor (if open, turn off heating)
  • new boolean check (to not interfere with other settings you might have done via voice commands. e.g. heat room x for x minutes to temperature z)

To achieve different things, I’ve added some if-else statements as well. If anyone else is using this and you find a bug, please let me know.

You can find the github link above…

2 Likes

“Heat only if Person of Group was present in a given amount of time”

What’s the logic in here? In which scenario would be useful?

@Noorbertt isnt that obvious and already explained?

a) you go out for 5 hours. That means you are not present at home. That means the house/flat cools down. Depending on the outside temperature it can take long time to heat up again.
b) If you turn your smartphone into flight mode. e.g when sleeping. the bathroom would not be warm when you wake up. Because you’re marked as absent.

Hi,
Thank you for the blueprint!

Would it be possible to have some sort of manual override or integrate with the Lovelace thermostate? (programming / Home assistant NOOB)

currently have 3, automations per room Day, evening and Night. Some times the evening needs to be a bit higher or longer. Now I have to dive into the automation and set it, but this is not doable for others in the house hold.

Hey. Really awesome blueprint thank you. Ive got one problem tho. My thermostat doenst have an “off” mode so climate.turn_off doenst work for me. It only has “auto” and “heat”.

My home/not_home detection works fine and if i use set_temperature if i build an automation myself with climate.set_temperature it works. I want to use your blueprint tho because of the before/after times etc and because its just nice.

How do i replace climate.turn_off with climate.set_temperature? I tried replacing “heat” with “auto” and “temperature: ‘{{ set_temp }}’” with temperature: 15 (i.e) but nothing happens.

Thank You!

Hello,
thank you for this. It is working so far for me. One thing I do not understand.
The minimum Temperatur, for what exactly is that.
The function I see is, that the heating is switching in Energy Mode if the Temperatur is more than this “min. Temperatur”. If I open after that a window, the heating is switching off and keep it off. It will not switching on again until the Temperatur is going below the “minimum Teperatur”.
In this case the Time (On/off Time) doesn´t make any different.
I do not understand this function. Can you explain, or is the function not working correct at my configuration. I using the Hama Thermostat(SEA801/SEA802)
Thank you
BR
Michael

One thing more. If I keep it below the temperatur, it is working correct. If I open/close the window the Heating is switching off/on different times. Only a higher Temperatur there is no function any more.

Hi guys,

do you also face issues with the new upgrade to 2022.4.0+?

My heating automation did not work anymore. It stucks at the last step of the decision tree. In any case it’s not heating anymore, when I open and close the window. Even in the morning it was freaking cold…

It stucks here for me in the debugging window. Means all the time the last step is not marked in yellow, as the previous steps of the automation
example:

service: climate.set_temperature
data:
  entity_id: climate.heizung_wohnzimmer
  hvac_mode: heat
  temperature: '{{ set_temp }}'

I did a rollback and now it works again. Also I’ve opened a bug ticket.

Can anyone confirm please?

I do have the same Problem. But in general I startet with this automation and have in general Problem with this.

1. I use climate_group and have the same Problem you describe. If i use a thermostat without group it is working. If I use a group I have the Problem you described.
    I solved this to change it to:
    - service: climate.set_hvac_mode
      data:
        entity_id: !input 'heating'
        hvac_mode: heat
    - service: climate.set_temperature
      data:
        entity_id: !input 'heating'
        temperature: '{{ set_temp }}'

But Back to my Problem, maybe you can help me. I do not understand the Parameter min. Temp.
In myy opinion this should be name to max. Temp. I understand this automation, that this is working below the min. Temperatur. Above the “min. Temp.” It will switch to energy Saving Mode. Is this correct?

Hi,

okay… Let me explain maybe all three values.

Energy Temperature: This is the temperature the thermostat will keep, even if you’re not at home. For example to prevent any mold on the walls and of course too high humidity.
Min Temperature: If the temperature is below that, the heating will turn on and will go up to the temperature which is set under Temperature Target
Temperature Target: This will be your Target Temperature. So either way it will go from Energy Temperature or Min Temperature to this level, when you are home.

That means basically that the temperature is usually between Min Temperature and Target Temperature.

Hope this makes it a little more clear.