Another Light Blueprint Automation

Another Light Blueprint Automation.yaml

Open your Home Assistant instance and show the blueprint import dialog with a specific blueprint pre-filled.

This is A Blueprint Automation for A Script version available @ Another Light Blueprint Script (Please post any profile suggestions you may have there).

• This Blueprint has 3 input Prerequisites of:

1. An input_select { Dropdown } with the desired below ‘Profile/s’ (words) added is required { recommend one for each instance of this Automation }.
    2. Another input_select { Dropdown } with the (words) ‘On’ ‘Off’ & ‘Auto’ ( ‘Auto’ if you include a motion sensor ) added is required { recommend one for each instance of this Automation }.
    3. & I’m assuming you already have some Lights that you wanted to add.
  • It also has 3 Optional inputs of:

1. A binary_sensor, Device_class: motion. Is Available for the ‘Auto’ Switch feature { or at-least I am trying to make it so }.
    2. A input_boolean { Toggle } is Available for Global Automations Off { Because I like to have A global Automations off switch }.
    3. A input_boolean { Toggle } is Available for Adaptive Profile Night-Light to work { recommend just the one, that will do }.
  • All the other Settings are for the different “Profile” settings ( I know “Profiles”, aren’t scripts )…

Recommend:

• Selecting an “Area” when selecting “Lights” ( It’s easier & requires less maintenance as well the script was designed for this ).
  • Create 2 input_selects for each “Area” ( room ) called:
    1. ‘area_name’ Lights Switch
    2. ‘area_name’ Lights Profile
# Example Config
input_select:
  office_lights_switch:
    name: Office Lights Switch
    options:
      - "Auto"
      - "Off"
      - "On"
    initial: Auto
    icon: mdi:dip-switch
  office_lights_profile:
    name: Office Lights Profile
    options:
      - Bright
      - Dimmed
      - Night-Light
      - Colour-Loop
      - Circadian
      - Adaptive
      - Random
      - Themed
      - Custom
      - Aurora
      - Flash
      - None
      - "."
    initial: Adaptive
    icon: mdi:form-select
  • Go to Settings > Devices & Services > Helpers > Create Helper > { Dropdown } &or { Toggle }.

Description of this version’s “Profiles”:

• Bright
    For Day time & Events, when you need to be Awake; Bright eyed & bushy tailed

• Dimmed
    For after sunset & before sunrise when i’m (still) thinking about bed, but I would want to be able to read the Funny pages

• Night-Light
    For bed/sleep time, & you don’t want to wake everyone else up, but you still want to see in an emergency; how to get to the Fridge

• Colour-Loop
    Will put the Lights into A Colour-Loop cycle.

• Circadian
    For the rest of the house at night, & to get everyone in sync @ night with you.

• Adaptive
    This works really well with a bed/sleep input_boolean

• Random
    Best for multiple lights, & will give Random colours for each light.

• Themed
    Theme different rooms, with different colours; with a change every so often.

• Custom
    Used for applying custom colour effects, it only has the Transition effect enabled

• Aurora
    Best for multiple lights, & will give different colours loops for each light.

• Flash
    works great in conjunction with Alarm Panel Automations or getting people’s attention.

• None
    Utilise this when using ‘Scenes’ & if you need to disable the light.turn_on Service Call.

Will halt the automation.

There is A switch only version of the Automation available @ Another [HAssNic’s] Trigger Automation

P.s. Sorry to anyone that download A previous version, I have renamed A lot of the input’s so you will need to redo your yaml settings… (but it’s well worth it, I have drastically improved everything).
:christmas_tree: Merry Christmas :christmas_tree: