Any integrations with iSmartGate [Pro]?

iSmartGate is the upgrade to GoGogate2. However, it doesn’t seem the gogogate component works with it.

iSmartGate is a direct connect, having it’s own internal ip address. It appears that’s how Gogogate worked, but using the gogogate component errors with:

2019-09-11 09:29:40 ERROR (SyncWorker_1) [pygogogate2] Gogogate2 - Login secirty token may have expired, will attempt relogin on next attempt
2019-09-11 09:29:41 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.cover] Error while setting up platform gogogate2
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/entity_platform.py", line 150, in _async_setup_platform
    await asyncio.wait_for(asyncio.shield(task), SLOW_SETUP_MAX_WAIT)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/asyncio/tasks.py", line 442, in wait_for
    return fut.result()
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/concurrent/futures/thread.py", line 57, in run
    result = self.fn(*self.args, **self.kwargs)
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/gogogate2/cover.py", line 45, in setup_platform
    devices = mygogogate2.get_devices()
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/pygogogate2/__init__.py", line 80, in get_devices
    self.apicode = devices.find('apicode').text
AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'find'

Any input on getting iSmartGate [Pro] working with HassIO?

Thanks,

1 Like

I have it working… what is your config?

My config is:

cover:
  - platform: gogogate2
    username: admin
    password: !secret smartgate_password
    ip_address: 192.168.0.79

I restarted HassIO and got the same security token expired error. Shouldn’t be possible since it’s supposed to be logging in fresh with a new token.

Login does work: I can POST to 192.168.0.79 with login/pass successfully. I see a PHPSESSID returned (nice, they use php. I’m a php dev :grin:).

My next step was to look at the gogogate code, but, as you said, it works for you??

This is interesting. I found the source code for pygogogate object that’s used by the component, you can see the error message I get within it, but I can’t locate any login method.

In contrast, this is the Hubitat gogogate2 code, clearly showing a POST to / for login.

Ironically (thanks to Jenkins…), I understand the Groovy code better than Python, but from what I can see, Python is doing nothing but GET requests. Not a single POST to even get a login token.

Exactly same problem here. Just installed it today and am disappointed this didn’t work. Will let you know if I find a way to make it work

I’m able to successfully login via Hubitat’s implementation. I’m not able to get a login working (yet?) via pygogogate2’s implementation – not sure if it’s figuring out the AES or parameters (as I said above, I know groovy more than python).

Anybody know the ssh credentials for the device? There’s an ssh server running on the device. If we’d just had the credentials …

I’ve just setup with ifttt via HA, not ideally but does job for now

Add me to the list :frowning:
Wed Nov 06 2019 16:17:36 GMT-0500 (Eastern Standard Time)
Error while setting up platform gogogate2
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/entity_platform.py”, line 150, in _async_setup_platform
await asyncio.wait_for(asyncio.shield(task), SLOW_SETUP_MAX_WAIT)
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.7/asyncio/tasks.py”, line 442, in wait_for
return fut.result()
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.7/concurrent/futures/thread.py”, line 57, in run
result = self.fn(*self.args, **self.kwargs)
File “/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/gogogate2/cover.py”, line 45, in setup_platform
devices = mygogogate2.get_devices()
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/pygogogate2/init.py”, line 80, in get_devices
self.apicode = devices.find(‘apicode’).text
AttributeError: ‘NoneType’ object has no attribute ‘find’

Hopefully someone will figure it out.

I opened an issue for this.

I had a “lightbulb” moment this morning. The iSmartgate device natively supports Homekit. If you have the Homekit Controller (not to be confused with the Homekit Platform) enabled in HA it just finds HK devices–https://www.home-assistant.io/integrations/homekit_controller/. I checked my Integrations panel, and there it was. I clicked on configure and entered the HK device PIN and it showed up in HA! Now it is available in both Siri (through the HK platform) and Alexa. Even if you don’t use the HK platform, this will add the device in HA so you can control it. Just passing this along in case it is helpful to others.

Ooh… that’s something I hadn’t thought of… I’ll check that out. Thanks!

Unfortunately, this solution did not work for me. No matter how many times I run a Reset, I kept getting the devices is paired with another device error.

I had the same problem as you, but the answer here solved it for me (by adding the dashes).

1 Like

That worked! Thanks!

It’s not a full-term solution, i.e. gogogate2 is broken, but it does now add as a Garage Door via HomeKey within HA.

Thanks!

That’s great to hear. Crazy thing is I think when I set it up in the HA UI the example included dashes. I am on 101.3. Glad you got it working!

Craig

The main selling point for me is that this is an official HK integration. That, theoretically, means that Apple and iSmart gate have to work together on any API changes. I have the Chamberlain MyQ device. It works fine and I have left it in place. It uses an API developed by the community. The folks that have done the API do a wonderful job. This is an unsupported API, however. Chamberlain makes changes, breaks HA and then the devs have to scramble to make it work again. This has happened three times since September. As Chamberlain also has a revenue model for their integrations it is possible they will shut down the API unless it is an official integration. I just want my garage door to open and close every time, no muss, no fuss. I have been doing home automation for the last ~6 years and the the garage door has been the most difficult thing to get working reliably. I never imagined that would be the edge case.

Using HK Integrations with iSmartGate Pro gets around the issues with HA working. HOWEVER, every time I reboot HA, it informs me my garage door has closed.

It seems the default state for the entity is “Open” - is there any way to set the default state to “Closed” so I don’t get informed of these Closed events every time I reboot?

I solved this using Samsung Smartthings and HA. Actually quite easy to set up and works quite nice without any quirks.

Just a tip.

Btw, HomeKit no longer responds with garage door has closed now. I don’t know what fixed? But it’s not bugging me every time I reboot anymore.

HomeKit integration has been pretty solid, and doesn’t require a SmartThings router…although, does require an Apple environment.

HK integration only work for ONE door - I have 2… The second one - which I also can operate both from Apple Home and the iSmartGate app - is NOT detected by Home Assistants HomeKit Control.

The gogogate2 integration worked fine i Home Assistant on both doors, but the gogogate2 hw was fried by a thunder storm…

Anyone know what to do ?

Goran