PCInfoToMQTT v0.1.3

For me this software is not working…

Allways see the software in TaskManager, but I can not see other stuff…

So, I’m strugling, do I need to set something else or what?

@kslb got it working the same day for anyone wondering if the tool is actually working (told me in private). If anyone miss a feature or find a bug, just let me know!

There would be great option, if you can name PC, so that MQTT topics would be like:
“home-assistant/PCNAME/temperatures/intelcpu-0-temperature-0”
Or that “pc” is equal PC name, so that this can be used on multiple computers…

Searing for something like this but then with my Mac

1 Like

Can you tell the solution i am also stuck at same step

@kslb Great idea! I added a new setting called BaseTopic that you can edit in the .config file. The default value is ‘home-assistant/pc’.

@TychoWerner I will look at it, what would you need the most, is pc in use or the temperatures and which ones?

@vageesh79 Make sure you edit the .config file (PCInfoToMQTT.WPF.exe.config) to set your MQTT info: username/password/server address. Also, the errors can be seen in the Windows Event Viewer, that might help to find the problem. Also if you do not use AIDA64 for the temperatures and use the built-in temperature reader (UseAida64 is false by default in .config), you need to run it as Administrator. I will add better logging later!

Update (2020-05-15)

See this post here for download and how to use it.

Hi, this looks awesome and very useful.
The download link in above post does not currently work. Please pass me a link as I would love to try it out.

Hi there!

I uploaded again, I still use my tool and it works fine, I improved the connection part, so now it’s very reliable.

PCInfoToMQTT_0.1.3.0.zip
http://www.mediafire.com/file/dtm8fwj4iyksz3q/PCInfoToMQTT_0.1.3.0.zip/file

Update (2020-05-15)

1 Like

Hi @kobayashi ,

I got your code working. Thanks for providing the compiled file. However, few of the temperature sensors are being picked up. I think this has to do with the way you are polling available sensors, and I was thinking if I could modify the source code to fit my needs. If you have published this to github, could you please link me to it?

Thanks.

I might publish the code, not sure yet. Do you use Aida or the built-in one? If you use the built-in one, be sure to run it as admin.

I was using the built in method. I ran it as admin, and few of the sensors were picked up. How are you finding what sensors are installed?

Also, how do I use the AIDA method? DO I just install AIDA64, and change the flag to give it a go? I tried that, but did not see any topics being published.

Look at my post here: PCInfoToMQTT v0.1.3

The problem might be you did not enable shared memory in aida64 for example. Also make sure you select all the sensors you want exposed in Aida64 -> Settings -> External applications. Every one of them should be found (for example, I personally use lof of them including non temperature ones such as uptime/cpu voltage/etc).

You might read that one as well: PCInfoToMQTT v0.1.3.

Thanks. I got all the sensor info I wanted with AIDA64. Thanks for sharing the code. It was very useful.

1 Like

Very happy to hear it! User comments are rare, so it’s very appreciated when I get one. If you want me to add some features, let me know and I’ll check.

Very interesting project, I would like to test it too.
It could be used in a lot of different automations. For example to change slightly the color of a bulb depending on the temperature of the PC.

1 Like

there is the project telegraf with a plugin for mqtt
it supports LOTS of sensors including smart hhd monitoring etc…

the pro is that it s multi platform and open source
the cons:

• is not all the plugins are available on all platforms ( at least when i last checked 2 years ago)
  • the config file can be huge :stuck_out_tongue:

@eric3616191 You totally get it! You can do that easily using PCInfoToMQTT.

This works well, thanks for sharing.

Any chance of running it as a service or, as you suggested above, having it start up minimised to the system tray?

@Chrismox I added it to my todo list, will update here later. Did you see the part I wrote about RBTray (search in the topic if not)? Might do the job for you until then.

Thanks for your reply.

I did see the RBTray suggestion, but I was hoping to be able to launch your application at startup minimised to tray, rather than having to minimise it myself. Or as a service running in the background.

I’m just lazy, don’t go out of your way on my behalf!

As I said, it’s a very useful appLocation for my purposes (controlling fans remotely), so thanks again.