Any news on next release

My current settings is having lots of problem, my option is to format everything and install from scratch, or upgrade and see if it fixes problems (mainly the Xiaomi and Yeelight components).

If the next realease is for next week, I don’t wait, I reinstall all. If is coming in 1-2 days I wait and try.

News?

New versions are released every 14 days (typically, allowing for holidays and such).

You can get a heads up on what may be coming and what it adds/fixes by looking at the pull releases on GitHub. HA Releases are identified by the version number.- in the PR.

mmhh 21 days passed, of course with lots of holidays in between

Which is why I added that in parens. :wink:

New version is on it’s way though. Hey, the devs deserve a break - a 14 day dev cycle is insane for open source, but they manage it. Heroes don’t always wear capes.

4 Likes

not complaining or demanding … just asking because of my situation

xiaomi gateway not included? … Arghh that is what I needed

Did you look at the .36 PR and see if your issue is in there?

If not, then create an issue so it can get picked up.

don’t know how to.

For the Yeelight, there is this
https://github.com/home-assistant/home-assistant/pull/5296

FOr the Xiaomi gateway, is not even there … I think

They posted back before the holidays that they were taking a break over the holidays. I think they said they would have another release around Jan 15.

First, sign up for a GitHub account.

Then once you are set up and logged in, go to the Issues heading and search to see if anyone else has the same issues. If so, add your findings to the thread so the devs know what’s going on.

If you don’t find anything relevant to your issue, create a new issue by clicking on the green “New Issue” button on the right. The template that is provided will guide you on what info you need to provide.

I should probably know this. But is there a place where we can see what is scheduled for the next release?

Awesome.
I just looked over it. Yall are great!!!

Also was explained in my initial reply to the OP.

yes, sorry what I didn’t realize was that I needed to look at the pull requests once I got there. Again, I am new to github so please pardon the confusion.

No worries at all! Just wanted to point it out to anyone reading the thread.

with this I have errors how to report?

17-01-14 12:41:57 custom_components.light.yeelight: Failed to connect to bulb 192.168.1.187, TV Room top lamp: [Errno 111] Connection refused

17-01-14 12:42:01 homeassistant.core: Error doing job: Task exception was never retrieved
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/lib/python3.4/asyncio/tasks.py", line 233, in _step
    result = coro.throw(exc)
  File "/srv/hass/hass_venv/lib/python3.4/site-packages/homeassistant/helpers/entity_component.py", line 386, in _update_entity_states
    yield from update_coro
  File "/srv/hass/hass_venv/lib/python3.4/site-packages/homeassistant/helpers/entity.py", line 216, in async_update_ha_state
    yield from self.hass.loop.run_in_executor(None, self.update)
  File "/usr/lib/python3.4/asyncio/futures.py", line 388, in __iter__
    yield self  # This tells Task to wait for completion.
  File "/usr/lib/python3.4/asyncio/tasks.py", line 286, in _wakeup
    value = future.result()
  File "/usr/lib/python3.4/asyncio/futures.py", line 277, in result
    raise self._exception
  File "/usr/lib/python3.4/concurrent/futures/thread.py", line 54, in run
    result = self.fn(*self.args, **self.kwargs)
  File "/home/hass/.homeassistant/custom_components/light/yeelight.py", line 186, in update
    self._bulb.get_properties()
  File "/home/hass/.homeassistant/deps/yeelight/main.py", line 158, in get_properties
    response = self.send_command("get_prop", requested_properties)
  File "/home/hass/.homeassistant/deps/yeelight/main.py", line 184, in send_command
    self._socket.send((json.dumps(command) + "\r\n").encode("utf8"))
  File "/home/hass/.homeassistant/deps/yeelight/main.py", line 103, in _socket
    self.__socket.connect((self._ip, self._port))
ConnectionRefusedError: [Errno 111] Connection refused

You can open an issue following the instructions I gave in the previous post.