Anyone installed Hass.io on Synology DSM 7?

Hi,

Wondering if anyone has tried to install Hass.io on Synology DSM 7 Beta? I read some people have had success with Docker and other apps, no one has mention HA. The release notes said there might be an issue with the USB ports and USB dongles connected to them. I am using the Nortek dual Zwave and Zigbee. I want to try their new Synology Photos App, but afraid to lose Home Assistant.

Thanks

David

1 Like

Hi, I was try
As result I saw message:

Unable to install Hass.io because it runs with root privileges. Packages with root privileges might execute commands as the root user and compromise your system security. Please contact the package developer to change the privilege settings of the package.

Привет, я обновился с уже установленным Hassio в Docker с USB координатором CC2531 и аддоном Zigbee2mqtt. Система DSM 7 видит CC2531, но аддон Zigbee2mqtt не работает совсем.

Hey thanks for the update I appreciate the help. Hopefully someone will be able to figure it out. Out of curiosity, did you ssh into the NAS and looks at the messages to see if there was an error?

я увидел ошибку после установки DSM 7, и пока не могу это исправить.

Me too. The Hass.io Package wont run anymore in DSM7 because of the root Privileges. Thats the same Problem with VMM. I think we have to root DSM7? Just mentioned it.

As far as I understand, you can’t use external devices anymore (i.e. zwave usb controller) with DSM 7. I opened a topic: Zwave on Synology DSM 7?

Hello, same problem in France here…
Do we have any chance of Hass.io made compatoble with DSM 7?
Or should we forget hass.io on Synology ? Whats my best alternative tof Text To Speech to google Home then ?
Thanks

I think all of the discussions in this topic relates to the SPK version of hass.io. That have been depricated and removed before DSM 7.

The supported way to run hass.io is via the VirtualMachineManager (Installation on Synology Virtual Machine Managager), I’m unsure how well it works in DSM 7 though but it should work.

3 Likes

is it as efficient as the other dsm install from package center? What if we had our data in that install. Is it easy to port over to the VM

Yes, you can restore from snapshot in hass-os

2 Likes

I have to agree with @fredrike recommendation, I’ve been running hass as a VM in DSM 6 for a very long time and it runs flawlessly.

In the dark ages I was running it on docker and it was a nightmare most of time.
Go for VM, it’s a clean install that gets everything working from base, restore your last full snapshot, and enjoy.

Now concerning DSM 7, I’d like to be sure someone had upgraded with no issues from DSM 6 to DSM 7 using a AEOTEC Z-Stick Gen5 and on hass running on VM, before I commit to the upgrade.

I have so many things working on Z-Wave that upgrading to DSM 7 as appealing as it might sound is out of question if that means loosing Z-Wave.

If anyone reads this and can confirm HASS on VM with AEOTEC Z-Stick Gen5 runs fine on DSM 7 then please post a heads-up here so that others like me can take a deep breath and go for the update.

Cheers,
-jprates

1 Like

Hello,

I have updated my DS220+ to DSM 7 and run into a lot of issues:

• Conbee 2 via Deconz (Docker): The zigbee stick was disappeared
  • Raspberrymatic (Docker): Crashed on start-up
  • HomeAssistant no issues so far

My Solutions:

• Conbee 2: See workaround below (from external community)
  • I have installed Raspberrymatic on Virtual Machine

Conbee 2 via DeConz

1. Install Docker from Packet Manager.
  2. Open Docker and search the package “marthoc/deconz” and install the latest version (don’t start it yet!).
  3. Go to “File Station” of your NAS and
  4. create a new directory called “docker
  5. inside it create another directory called “deconz
  6. inside this last directory create another directory callet “opt
  7. Connect to your NAS via SSH (I suggest using Putty), login with your credentials.
  8. Type “sudo su” in order to have Super User Permissions (after pressing enter it will ask you for the password again).
  9. Run following commands in order
  10. modprobe usbserial
  11. modprobe ftdi_sio
  12. modprobe cdc-acm
  13. Unplug Conbee 2 stick from your NAS and plug it back in.
  14. Run the following command
  15. sudo docker run -d --name=deconz --net=host --restart=always -v /etc/localtime:/etc/localtime:ro -v /volume1/docker/deconz/opt:/root/.local/share/dresden-elektronik/deCONZ --device=/dev/ttyACM0 marthoc/deconz
  16. I advise you not to copy the command but to write it by hand to avoid errors!
  17. Re-open Docker App, under the “images” tab you should see an active container called “deconz”, turn it off.
  18. Select the deconz image and click on “edit”, go to the environment, on the parameter “DECONZ_WEB_PORT” type the port where you want to have your deconz server running.
  19. Open Home Assistant, it will automatically discover the new deconz server.

THAT’S IT!

The only “bad” thing is that you have to run the step 3) every time the NAS is restated