Anyone used a plant sensor other than Xaiomi?

Sorry one more, in HA the openmqttgateway shows as disconnected after not long. This time it was connected for 30 mins then has disconnected.

When I look on my Unifi controller it shows the espressif is still connected to Wi-fi but if I go to Wi-fi networks on my phone I can see the mqtt gateway as if it’s ready for Wi-fi setup?

Should I be able to see it here after initial setup? Any thoughts on what’s making it disconnect or anyway to debug it? It’s connected to power through a usb wall plug.

The advertisement of data are managed by the mi flora itself, if you want more frequent update you can read more often the advertised data but it will not guarantee that you will get a special value more frequently.

Disconnection issues with Unifi router has been corrected on development branch, if you take this version you should have a better stability.

Me again!

This has been working great for a week or so, so thank you so much!

I have now just added another vegtrug sensor. This is a larger one (like this):

the small one was discovered and shows as MiFlora-fer etc in HA.
the larger one I have updated firmware on it, and HA has picked it up through OpenMQTT. It shows as vegtrug.

Now, it seems like maybe its added it twice, I have two versions of each sensor. Not a problem really. The version 2 have a reading against them all, the version 1 all show unknown.

However, the version 2 data has not updated in two hours, even though the MiFlora data has in that time? Is this a read more often issue? Odd that one sensor updated instantly when I watered the plant, while the Vegtrug has not changed in 2 hours? In the history graph though I can see changing data over the past 24 hours, so it has updated at some point

Still loving the integration though!

Could you indicate the content of homeassistant topic ? Are they duplicated there ? [quote=“Matt_Barnes, post:44, topic:150868”]
However, the version 2 data has not updated in two hours, even though the MiFlora data has in that time?
[/quote]

2 hours it is quite a lot. Is the sensor far from the gateway ?

Small update on my Vegtrug Grow Care Garden (the big one).

As mentioned before, the sensors seem to lose the ability to finish syncing in the iOS app after some time.
I then saw that https://github.com/open-homeautomation/miflora has a clear_history function. Using that on the sensors makes them sync in the app again.

Also it seems that the latest firmware (3.6.2) has improved on the light intensity readings and the frequency of the beacon for that sensor. Example:

Looks like my large sensor has stopped communicating with my esp32.

Not sure why yet, small one works fine. Not updated for a while so will try loading the esp32 with the new files etc.

I also have a few of the large Garden sensors which has stoppen working properly in various ways. Most commonly the moisture sensor just goes to zero most of the time. Not sure what happens. I can sometimes make it react again for a short while only.

Can I ask where you bourght yours? I can’t seem to find them in any online store that will ship here to Denmark.

Anyone got issues with this now? Mine seems to have gone unknown for quite some time, think since updating it to 0.116?

The esp gateway is still connected to my network but the sensors say unknown?

Don’t worry. A turn it off and on again seems to have resolved it!

I am using the VegTrug ones with the mqtt-miflora-daemon running on a Raspberry Pi. I’m not sure that helps you much though!

Kind thoughts,

Andrew

hi all, thanks for the info here - helped me setup the vegtrug with an esp32…however i never get a battery state reported. Is this normal ? The other 4 are there but never a battery one ? Any ideas ?

I’ve had an issue this week with my sensor.

The esp32 is still connected to my network, I have tried restarting gateway, I thought the battery might be low in my vegtrug sensor so changed that but the sensors just show “unknown”.

Not sure how I can start debugging this? Any ideas?

Subscribing to the mqtt I can see the /lwt is offline.

Going to try unplugging and plugging back in.

Unplugging and plugging back in and it’s still just transmitting that it’s offline

Still haven’t managed to get this to work. Running version 9.3 but took me quite a while to get used to arduino etc and changing config so ideally don’t want to try updating the sketch.

Any thoughts? Don’t know why it’s saying offline and yet it’s able to post that status through mqtt

Sorry for keeping adding to this but I think updating my unifi app’s might have caused this issue.
Looks like I lost plant data around the same time as I updated this.

Anyone seeing issues with unifi and mqttgateway. Looks like my gateway keeps dropping off my Wi-fi?

Ok so looks like it might be connected ok to my unifi ap but it’s showing as a wired connection not wireless which is odd. I did have to reconnect it but it’s stayed connected 15 mins or so.

Listening to the mqtt topic though all it’s saying is offline and version. Should I be able to see data from a miflora while listening to the mqtt topics? Presumably so?

ok so its dropped off the wifi again so does seem like maybe an issue with a recent unifi update?

Ok so round and round with this. Can someone help me from the beginning?

It was all working. Now when using MQTTtool and subscribing to my pi mqtt ip I see the below, so does this mean the esp32 is active and transmitting?

How else could it get a version number but then why does it say offline?

Any thoughts on what to do next?