Anyone used a plant sensor other than Xaiomi?

Also why when connecting my esp to my Wi-fi would it show mqtt server as :17 when my pi is :117?

Should the mqtt address be the address of the mqtt gateway on my pi? Really confused

It should be the address of your mqtt broker. This one is located on the pi if you installed is with home assistant.

.17 is the default mqtt server address. You should change it to .117

So, is it generally possible to get these Xaiomi clone sensors up and running in HA without resorting to using #MQTT? If so, does it require anything from HACS?

I’d really like to try some, but I’m not sure that I’m quite ready for the joys of setting up an MQTT network yet…

By the way MQTT is one of the best things that I have learned in the last years. In my point of view, it is worth putting your hands on.

Take a look below

1 Like

Thanks. I’m sure it is! I’m just learning to walk before I try to run :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

So… from looking at the link… I’ll guess that’s a… yes? With HACS? Still pretty new to this!

So guys can you show me any links to buying any of your plant Senson as all I can find are Xaiomi that are $30 aus what is $20 US… thanks for your help :slight_smile: