Anyone willing to help set up my Home Assistant?

Thanks for the info. I’ve posted additional info at AllHailJ.

Much appreciated

I do have a good tech background, but not script savvy.

I don’t see the additional info yet.

Can you go to configuration → Integrations. Add integrations and search for tp-link in the pop up. If you leave the host blank it should auto-discover.

Here is the rachio integration explained

and here is the ring doorbell setup

amazon alexa requires a paid subscription

Automatic setup via Home Assistant Cloud

With Home Assistant Cloud, you can connect your Home Assistant instance in a few simple clicks to Amazon Alexa. With Home Assistant Cloud, you don’t have to deal with dynamic DNS, SSL certificates, or opening ports on your router. Just log in via the user interface and a secure connection with the cloud will be established. Home Assistant Cloud requires a paid subscription after a 30-day free trial.

For Home Assistant Cloud Users, documentation can be found here.

Link to install is here.

I did and it did not discover any of the plugs that I use.

do you have one of these plugs?

Supported Devices
Plugs

HS100
HS103
HS105
HS110 (supports consumption sensors)
KP105
KP115 (supports consumption sensors)

Strip (Multi-Plug)

HS107 (indoor 2-outlet)
HS300 (powerstrip 6-outlet) (supports consumption sensors)
KP303 (powerstrip 3-outlet)
KP400 (outdoor 2-outlet)
KP200 (indoor 2-outlet)
KP40 (outdoor 2-outlet)
EP40 (outdoor 2-outlet)

Wall Switches

HS200
HS210
HS220 (acts as a light)

Bulbs

LB100
LB110
LB120
LB130
LB230
KL110
KL120
KL125
KL130
KB130

Thank you.
Rachio and ring are set up now.
I will look into getting a cloud subscription to connect the Alexa in the future. But thank you for that also. Alexa return

There is an alert on tp-link

Summary

TP-Link’s latest firmware for Kasa Smart Home devices closes the port (9999) previously used for local control, rendering Home Assistant unable to communicate with these devices. Please see this tweet for details from TP-Link, release notes for firmware are not readily published by TP-Link. Please see this discussion on our community forums for more details.

Update 2020/11/23

TP-Link is offering Home Assistant users a custom version of the latest firmware that will allow the local API to continue to work. You will need to raise a support ticket with TP-Link and provide the MAC address of your switch(es). Please see our blog post for more details.

We encourage all affected users to raise a ticket with TP-Link to help them understand the size of their user base using Home Assistant.

Update 2021/07/01

It has come to our attention that since February 2021 TP-Link has stopped offering users the custom firmware version allowing the local API to continue working. They have confirmed via email to users who tried that they won’t be helping any longer. You can read their message on their community forum here for the exact information.

If you are considering purchasing these plugs, we would advise you to look at better and local alternatives.

I have hs105

Here is the google nest setup

and for the ecovac

and for Blink

To integrate Wyze devices you are going to need HACS.

https://peyanski.com/how-to-install-home-assistant-community-store-hacs/

I am unfamiliar with yaml

I’ve installed HACS. I do not know how to use YAML.

Thank you so far for your help.

John

Also, I have FIET Bulbs to control.

yaml is not that bad. For the most part it is clearly detailed in the installation instructions. You can use the GUI to setup automations.

If you go to HACS → integration you can add integration and when you see they pop-up type wyze and you can install the wyze integration.

I not familiar with FEIT - wifi, z-wave, zigbee? or are their smart switches.

Here is the smartthings integration

1 Like

yo man, imho i would get the google drive backup feature running while your in the midst of all this. not necessarily for the cloud part but the cleanest automated backup process.

you didn’t mention any solid state drive and when i got into this, having a massive slew of devices, i didn’t realize how quick a good sdcard would fry out after having default logs more customized amongst other things. but if you have hacs up and running and that many devices and just jumping in for real, you have the skills needed but are opening the gates to hell.

yamls cake don’t fear it no docs make it make sense until your familiar with it. it’s just double spaces in lists and proper indenting. always evolving and hours will be lost over a wrong " or ’ missing somewhere or a bad indent.

a lot of functionality can be setup thru the gui now a days and the only yaml you might really need is just configurations

anytime you do play with the yaml you really really really really want to goto check configuration and check that your changes won’t break your setup before restarting. having that happen when getting so far is basically the thing i’ve encountered most before going to external ssd and samba and gdrive backup

just my 2cents

Thank for the insights. I’ve kind of figured that this will be going down a deep dark rabbit hole, which I am trying to prevent. I’m not sure if I want to spend every waking hour trying to figure things out.

1 Like

Thanks again for all your help

The forums are your friend. Ive spent days searching for answers and minutes waiting for responses. Its just easier to ask, regardless of the projecting the ‘doh i didnt search, or the search results are so out dated’ feeling.

I spent a few years developing my own windows software that came close to the functionality I needed, but when I stumbled upon homeassistant, it was at a peak time of improvement and once I dived in for real (few attempts prior) I realized there was no power greater. Hail thy homeassistant.

I agree home assistant is the way to go in this forum is definitely going to help a lot. Thanks