Anyway to get oAuth integrations working without having SSL enabled?

I just use my Home assistant on my LAN, so have no need for SSL. I just noticed that my Neato integration is broken and it will need an OAuth call back. I already removed my Withings integration as that also required an oAuth call back. I am afraid that more and more integration will start breaking.

But I don’t really want to start messing with SSL as I am not very familiar with it and the time that I did try it, it fully messed up my HA installation.

I also looked into the Nabu Casa solution, but as far as i can tell, that still requires you to have SSL installed on your HA setup.

Is there no easy way on getting this done?

( I am using Homeassistant on Synology in a Docker (so not Hassio) )

I’m afraid you have to take a look as SSL. Tbh it’s not that complicated. There are also some turn-key solutions with SSL.

SSL comes out of the box with nabu casa and won’t affect your local system. Just setup your internal and external URL accordingly and you’re good to go.

Another solution uses duckdns, letsencrypt and nginx but requires add-ons and therefore is not suitable for your setup.

You could also use self signed certificates. But it requires some knowledge to create these. A step by step guide to set up self signed certificates: Certificate Authority and self-signed certificate for SSL/TLS

1 Like

Hmm, I thought that if I use nabu casa , I would still have to have SSL for my local setup. If thats not the case, it would be ideal. But I was looking at this New Neato Integration Installation Guide (OAuth2 for HA version 2021.1) and it keeps mentioning that my local installation needs https.

Edit: Tried it with Nabu Casa and no local SSL and it worked! Thanks.