Apple just bought Dark Sky

That is also how my code works. I map icon numbers from weatherbit to the HA definitions. I just need to report a different state if it’s night.

Yes! Sign up for the “Free” Weather API tier! The Free plan is free for non-commercial use. Some features of the “Free” plan are only available on a trial basis for 30 days after enrollment. After the trial period, these features will be disabled.

I am wondering what features are disabled after the first month.

Oops. I didn’t notice the “(trial)” notes to the right of some of the features. In the feature screenshot I posted above, it says these three features are trial only features:

1. 500 historical calls/day
  2. 48 hour forecasts
  3. Air Quality / Energy API

BTW, I don’t understand the “48 hour forecasts” limit, as currently it provides a 14 days of forecast data.

@nickrout I don’t think it expires after a month for personal use from what I understand. You just dont get historical data. Historical data is a trial I think. Air quality and energy API is trial too. But current weather and forecast is not a trial.

$0/mo

Includes:

Edit: Misread your post nickrout. Sorry lol. But hopefully some of this is helpful still

I can see the full 7 day forcasts and on the pricing page 16day / daily forecast is a feature on the free plan

48 hour forecasts are hourly forecasts for the next 48 hours. From the description of the free tier (and brendan’s experience) daily forecasts remain free.

I have now made a new version 0.5 of the weatherbit Integration. It contains the following changes:

• The weather symbol for a clear night should now display correctly, instead of displaying a sun
  • Added a few extra attributes to both the current status and to each forecast day
  • Fixed conversion of values for both Metric and Imperial
  • Bumped weatherbitpypi to V0.7

Please check if the is_night attribute is changing correctly, because that will determine if a Clear Night or a Sunny Icon is displayed. The is_night is based on the location that has been setup.
I know that in DarkSky there is also a change for Partly Cloudy icon if it night, but that is not supported in the official Weather Component in HA, so I have not done that for now.

Could people running with Imperial Units please also check if the values seem to be correct.

Once I am back, I will move this discussion to a separate Thread for Weatherbit. In the meantime, if you do find errors, please report them on the Github Issues page

1 Like

i just jumped on the BOM integration and most of the sensors are unknown but not always which throws errors on the frontend.

So as to not drift off topic post your station ID / config over here and we’ll see if we can work out why:

Do you intend to have the added as a regular integration in HA Core? @briis?

1 Like

I am playing around some with Weatherbit, and browse their API documentation. They also appear to have pollen information. It would be awesome if the integration (be it weather or sensor type) could unlock this, too.

https://www.weatherbit.io/api/airquality-current

Update: Oops, air quality data is not available in the free tier, but only in the advanced.

Hi Robert,
I have put some effort in to conforming to HA standards, so eventually, it should be possible to make this a HA Core Integration. I want to let it run a little while longer in this format, to iron out bugs and eventually adding new features. It is a bit easier to do, when it is not in the HA Core.

To your second post about the Air Quality Data, you answered it yourself. There is Current Weather, Severe Weather Alerts and 16 Day Daily Forecast in the Free Tier, and I will make this Integration available to support Free.
With that said, I could make the data available as individual sensors, if there is an interest for that?

/B

1 Like

That would be really convenient, otherwise we would need to create template sensors to fetch from attributes.

I have now created a separate Forum Topic for Weatherbit, so please go there for future Questions and Comments: Weatherbit.io - Current Weather and Forecast data

2 Likes

It’s been about a month… did the free service roll over no problems?

Dark Sky is still working for me without issues.

As mentioned above Climacell seems to be a reliable alternative. Did anyone know tu to implement their API?

Update on https://blog.darksky.net/ seems we got another year to figure it out :slight_smile:

By Adam Grossman on June 7, 2021.

Update: Support for the Dark Sky API service for existing customers will continue until the end of 2022. The iOS app and Dark Sky website will also be available until the end of 2022.

2 Likes

That’s unexpectedly good news!

Dark Sky stopped working for me yesterday at some point - haven’t a clue why yet