Updated June 19 16, 2025
I’m going to stop the running updates and just try and keep this first post updated as things change.
Workarounds to try
A number of the URLs below have stopped working over time. At this point it feels like more and more apps are not supporting deep links anymore, or are doing it in a way that’s very hard to figure out. For many of my shows, I’ve just switched to using the link that the Apple TV app provides and then having my scripts launch the TV app on the AppleTV and goes to the right show. I then use that to launch the needed app on the AppleTV.
Even with that, some apps work sometimes with that and then don’t again (like AMC+). And Netflix doesn’t support it at all. Those two I just launch the app and look for the show by hand.
Working DeepLink URLs
I’ve finally got a system setup for Kodi to pass deep link URLs to Home Assistant so that the AppleTV integration can open specific episodes or movies. Here are the ones I’ve found that work:
Netflix movie (web site link):
DOES NOT WORK AS OF LATEST NETFLIX UPDATE IN SEPT 2025
https://www.netflix.com/watch/81587873
Netflix show (web site link - can’t do episodes, just show page)
DOES NOT WORK AS OF LATEST NETFLIX UPDATE IN SEPT 2025
https://www.netflix.com/title/81591296
Disney+ episode/movie (web site link):
https://www.disneyplus.com/video/afdc98f1-26bf-48d8-8866-af185ba5d5ac
AppleTV+ episode (from share panel in Mac/iOS apps):
https://tv.apple.com/us/episode/in-seldons-shadow/umc.cmc.4tale27biojjpu69b5c22euge
AppleTV+ movie (from share panel in Mac/iOS apps):
https://tv.apple.com/us/movie/spirited/umc.cmc.3lp7wqowerzdbej98tveildi3
Paramount+ shows/movies (from the share link on the iOS app):
DOES NOT WORK ANYMORE
Paramount has a new deep link URL, but it doesn’t trigger the AppleTV app.
https://link.us.paramountplus.com/kLWgjEgkFBb
Hulu movie/episode (thanks to johaywood):
hulu://watch/73df1fcf-09ed-4717-a9d2-14d3138afd7e
Hulu series page (thanks to johaywood):
Note that if you have both Hulu and Disney+ in one subscription you can just use Disney+ links
hulu://series/73df1fcf-09ed-4717-a9d2-14d3138afd7e
YouTube:
youtube://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQw4w9WgXcQ
PeacockTV Episode/Movie:
https://www.peacocktv.com/deeplink?deeplinkData=%7B%22pvid%22%3A%2204569a08-33e0-3835-9a21-76af2e31fa69%22%2C%22type%22%3A%22PROGRAMME%22%2C%22action%22%3A%22PLAY%22%7D
PeacockTV Show Page
https://www.peacocktv.com/deeplink?deeplinkData=%7B%22providerSeriedId%22%3A%227377906371406790112%22%2C%22type%22%3A%22SERIES%22%2C%22action%22%3A%22PLAY%22%7D
Details about Peacock TV in this post from johaywood.