APsystems Sensor for Home Assistant not visible

When using the HACS plugin terminal this command doen’t seem to work. Same for external SSH session using putty.

Putty Session HA APSs

ECU doesn’t work in HA so this seems logic. Gonna try to fix this connection … wish me luck.

It looks like I have the ECU_R_1.2.19

Try with

nc -v XXXX 8899

You will get a more verbose message with netcat then. If you see it saying connected, then type in the APS1100160001END command.

I’m still waiting for a restart of HA…

HACS takes a lot of time to restart

And now this one after total reinstall:
ECU doesn't connect IP adres
I think I throw my towel in the ring (“Gooi mijn handoek in de ring”, as they say here in the Netherlands)

CLI nc -v

After putting the command: “APS1100160001END” nothing happens for a long time. When using CTRL+Q to quit its saying too many output retries

CLI APS110016000END

Didn’t survive the night.
ECU Querying Enabled all the time.
Screenshot is from the last 24 hours
I’ve noticed that the problems only occur when it’s dark outside.
Don’t mind the last unavailable message of 11:33. This is my fault.

Can you send me the output from your log with anything related to APSystems? Which version of the integration are you running?

Also there is a “Download Diagnostics” option in the integration now when you go to the ECU device under “Configuration” > “Device & Services” and then go to your ECU, if you want to PM that it might be helpful.

Screen Shot 2022-02-15 at 9.29.22 AM

I’m running the “stable” version 1.1.2 and have the ECU_R_1.2.19
Sorry, but I can’t find any APSystems log. :blush:
Maybe because I restart the system to repair the last “unavailable” issue this morning.

Ok next time before you restart if you can send me any output from the log that will be very helpful. That’s where the details of why the sensors went offline are kept.

Did you need to restart the ECU, or just restart HA to get it working again?

The 1.2.10 release does have some fixes/changes to the socket code, and mine has been running non-stop (querying at night even) for the last 4 days without issue.

This morning I had to turn off the power because a light switch had to be replaced, so the router, and therefore also the WiFi network, had to be turned off.
After I finished and restarted everything, HA had no connection to the ECU-R, so I restarted the HA.
However, this did not solve the problem, so I reassigned the ECU-R to the WiFi network to get it working again.
I have not restarted or power cycle the ECU-R.

How and where can I get version 1.2.10?

You can switch the version by going to HACS > Integrations > the three dots next to “APSystems ECU-R” > Redownload > when the dialog comes up check Show beta versions and you should be able to pick 1.2.10.

Done. I have switched to v1.2.10 and the system is up-and-running now.
No querying restrictions.
We’ll see what time will bring.
I’ll keep you posted.

Interesting posts. I have also had issues where my solar panels disappeared completely. I have downloaded the 1.2.10 version and will check tomorrow if panels are showing up again. Thanks!

Installing version 1.2.10 has not solved the problem.
After the upgrade, everything continued to work until 20:22.
At 20:22, the system became unavailable for 30 minutes, after which it became available again on its own.
At 04:26 the same thing happened until 05:42.
Ditto at 06:27 to 08:43.
What I noticed, in the short time that I used this the integration, is that every day at 08:43 the system became available again.

I do see a difference. The panels are showing up but there must have been some solar activities around 2am CET

The daily numbers are also showing again.
Things seem to work for me.
Thanks!

Frequently and throughout the night, still randomly goes to unavailable until… 08:43
unavailable 00:59 - 02:46
unavailable 04:26 - 05:42
unavailable 06:27 - 08:43

There seems to be some structure to it.
Last night, the ECU-R became unavailable at almost the same times, only 2 minutes difference.
For your information, the WiFi uptime of the ECU-R is 100% including the registration in the WiFi network.

Yes, mine is around ~2am that the ECU stops responding on port 8899 for a bit, but after that it comes back and the integration continues to work.

I’ve added the option to reconfigure the Integration afterwards. Please also update Translations. It’s recommended that you also update APSystemsSocket.py from my repository at: https://github.com/HAEdwin/homeassistant-apsystems_ecur